• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
robert_fla said:
Freight Nazi,

Who are DHL's principal US contractors?

TX

My guess would be ABX Air Inc., and Astar.

FreightNazi said:
What you pax pinheads continually fail to realize is that DHL's two US contractors make as much, if not more, that UPS/FedEx pilots! LCC my A$$!

I knew that would spin you guys up. I don't believe the cargo industry is anything like the pax industry. Billions are being spent on distribution centers and other ground support. Not at all like pax. I was making a joke. Most of your ops is, IMHO, secure. But I do wonder if someone could pick up some of your flying to China.

I saw the shot, there was no danger, so I took it. Sorry guys. :)

Anyone know the number to truck masters?

3 words for you non believers..........

SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTIONS

If you don't know what this means or why it set Brown apart from other cargo companies, then you might want to do a little reading.

Heck, nobody is safe in this business forever, but if I had my pick, brown would be the one I'd pick, then purple and then a yellow pilot suit. LOL can you imagine a yellow pilot uniform with red epaulets???? so simpsonish

FlyBoeingJets said:
I knew that would spin you guys up. I don't believe the cargo industry is anything like the pax industry. Billions are being spent on distribution centers and other ground support. Not at all like pax. I was making a joke. Most of your ops is, IMHO, secure. But I do wonder if someone could pick up some of your flying to China.

Boxes aren't scared to fly and when gas prices go up, people shop online more to save cash.

Plus, the boxes don't care if they ride in a single engine turboprop or an Airbus.

Networ-King said:
Heck, nobody is safe in this business forever, but if I had my pick, brown would be the one I'd pick, then purple and then a yellow pilot suit. LOL can you imagine a yellow pilot uniform with red epaulets???? so simpsonish

If I saw a yellow pilot suit I would assume you had nuclear cargo.

FlyBoeingJets said:

I should be a little peeved, but I can't get upset at someone with the exact same sense of humor I have! :D

Good job, and good shot. I would have taken it.

When did we start talking about freight on the "major airline" board?

Hey Networking....you flying for UPS?

This is from Sir Richard Branson himself........

"Quality brands never go bankrupt. You won't see JetBlue (NasdaqNM:JBLU - News) go bankrupt, or Southwest (NYSE:LUV - News). The American airline industry, unlike almost any other American industry, has never taken quality on board.... The public cares, but airlines act like they don't.

The second thing is the old system of Chapter 1l -- airlines never really go bust. They screw their creditors. They screw their shareholders. You don't get rid of the dead wood. The inefficient airline lives on. In England, you're either alive or you're dead. And, when you're dead, young, efficient new airlines can rise up.

How many hospitals could have been built with the money that has been shoveled into inefficient airlines? How many oil refineries? Probably as many as we need"

SWA/FO said:

"Quality brands never go bankrupt. You won't see JetBlue (NasdaqNM:JBLU - News) go bankrupt, or Southwest (NYSE:LUV - News). The American airline industry, unlike almost any other American industry, has never taken quality on board.... The public cares, but airlines act like they don't.

SWA/FO,

Stop smoking that stuff, it'll be the end of you.

Quality brands never go BK?? Delta, NWA, UAL, Braniff, TWA, Pan Am, Eastern?? Don't even need to go to other industries.

If you mean Chapter 7 then your assertion is more plausible. But in certain economic times a Chapter 7 is possible for a quality brand. One caveat--It has to be an industry that values quality vs. commodity.

You hear passengers complain about the lack of service and how their miles are threatened by a bankruptcy. Then they go on-line and get thrilled when they save $10 on a ticket. We may not be a commodity, but there is a short attention span out there. Some care about quality but I wonder if there are enough to make a difference. Many say they can stand any type of service for a 90 minute flight if they can just wear their jogging suit and listen to i-tunes.

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:
There's no separate board for Global Airlines, so we had to settle for Majors.

:)

SWA/FO said:

Hey Networking....you flying for UPS?

The second thing is the old system of Chapter 1l -- airlines never really go bust. They screw their creditors. They screw their shareholders. You don't get rid of the dead wood. The inefficient airline lives on. In England, you're either alive or you're dead. And, when you're dead, young, efficient new airlines can rise up.

How many hospitals could have been built with the money that has been shoveled into inefficient airlines? How many oil refineries? Probably as many as we need"

No doubt SWA FO...

What the heck have you been smoking? Shouldn't you be out flying your 6 legs a day ;). Easy killer, just recalling old days. Yup, at big brown and will probably be on the street by the end of the year again with this whole contract thing. Can't really get too excited about it to be honest with you.

Oh and by the way...... you guys at SWA are not immune from whats happening in this industry. When..... not if...... when the hedges run out, and if your LF's don't improve and the new wages are still in place, well...just becareful who you make fun of during this time in the industry. I don't know why Branson would say such a think.

Latest resources

Back