Boycott Eclispe Jet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sqwkvfr said:
Perhaps you shouldn't have spent so much time boycotting grammar school or typing class.
Maybe more time in economics class would have helped. The wages pilots are suffering is based on supply and demand.

Not all VLJs are going to be owner flown. If many thousands of VLJs are produced, that means thousands more pilots will be needed. Anything that can increase the demand for pilots is a good thing.

As soon as the need for pilots goes up and the number of kids going to EARU and the like to make the "big bucks" goes down, our wages will become what they are worth. Even the fractionals and regionals will have to start paying reasonable wages then.

BizPilot said:
This will be your typical Eclispe VLJ Pilot 10 years from now:

http://www.shanghai-ultimate.com/photos/Cab_driver_at_night.jpg

BOYCOTT THESE VLJ JETS!! VLJ's are going to lower the industry standards even further, just like what the Regionals did to the Majors!

Hear me now, and Believe me later. I'll bump this post 5 - 10 years from now and you can say, "You were right".

It never ceases to amaze me how sometimes an otherwise intelligent person can be so stupid. Comparing the introduction of VLJ's to the situation between the majors and regionals??? Dude, you SERIOUSLY need to get a hobby, or a LIFE! The VLJ's are going to end up being just another novelty for the rich to play with... not a SERIOUS entry into the business aviation arena. Dont get your little panties in a wad and start directing all your buddies to the unemployment line just yet.

Insurance requirements for VLJs will ensure either VERY wealthy owner-operators or professional pilots will be at the controls.

The sky ain't falling...

The eclipse has, as it's requirement, the new pilot must have a co-pilot who has a type rating in it, and has been to United's school. Also, lots of jet time.

Instead of bereating something you know nothing about, thereby exposing your ignorance, you might take a few minutes to look at the website, http://www.eclipseaviation.com

In particular, you might look at the roadmap, http://www.eclipseaviation.com/customer_care/training/training_roadmap.html which creates, at the production rate they expect, a huge opprotunity for "Mentor" pilots, and Supervised Operating Experience (SOE). These Mentors won't work for free, and won't be 500 hour wonderkids. Insurance companies won't allow it.
As I see it, there is now a tremendous opprotunity for experienced pilots.

I thought I read somewhere that a company based out of HPN was going to allow shares into a company of eclipse jets. With a fractional ownership, a licensed pilot with only 1000 hours and a multi-engine rating was allowed to fly it.

There were no minimum multi engine times, and the only stipulation was getting sim time every 6 months.

Is this true? If so, then I predict even more chaos around White Plains than normal.

Once the airlines proved that little boys with hardly any experience could fly jets on an allowance sized salary, it was only a matter of time before everybody was going to want in on the fun.

Just one thing. A VLJ is not a real corporate aircraft, so their pilots are NOT entitled to use the crew car!

Latest resources

Back