• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bottom of the list of CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is absolutely not accurate. I understand what you're trying to say here but for the CAL furloughed pilots on this message board, this is simply not true.

Just putting that out there!

Everyone take a deep breath here.

I think you get what I'm saying. The 147 at CAL are hostages and victims of a nickel and dime half rate operation at CAL run by middle management that don't care about anyone else other than themselves. The levels that they'll go to are endless.

I think you get what I'm saying. The 147 at CAL are hostages and victims of a nickel and dime half rate operation at CAL run by middle management that don't care about anyone else other than themselves. The levels that they'll go to are endless.

What do you think the 1400+ furloughees are at UAL? dumped like trash to "rightsize" the airline for this merger.

UAL mec sent out a letter today, basically stating that the seniority snapshot of both lists was taken yesterday. So regardless if you get recalled this summer you are out of the picture. As a furloughed former U guy, I also spoke to someone in the real "KNOW" and was basically told in not exact words, "if you got something going, do it, don't hold your breath". Exact words were, "its gonna be a long time". To all for what its worth.

That's interesting. The head of the CAL merger committee said no snapshot has been taken yet. Also, any lists you may see are complete BS, as the two merger committees had not yet sat down to talk about it. This was on the 6th, witnessed by approx. 300 +/- CAL pilots.
As has already been said, take a deep breath everybody, there ain't a whole lot you or I can do about it one way or the other.

It's worth pointing out that by the time any combined operations start we will very likely all be sitting on bid awards that reflect large retirement numbers. Very large numbers. In fact, hoards of retirements. Recalls will come swiftly and hiring soon after. The pain will be temporary and it will pass.

It's worth pointing out that by the time any combined operations start we will very likely all be sitting on bid awards that reflect large retirement numbers. Very large numbers. In fact, hoards of retirements. Recalls will come swiftly and hiring soon after. The pain will be temporary and it will pass.

Could be. I've talked with several of our senior guys who are going to grab their lump sum and run. The retirement age changed right in the middle of our big retirement bell curve. The second half is still to go and should start soon.

Seriously, if you are in the bottom third of either list and wrapped around the axle about flying with someone too close to your own seniority, or one makes you feel like you've been screwed, try to relax. The retirement numbers are going to put you in the place you want [deserve] to be.

Latest resources

Back