Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mungusaurus

I'm happy:)
Just got called this morning for an interview next week, anyone have any info or gouge could you let me know. I am looking for pay, per diem, management etc.
Thanx Mungus.

I would stay away from these guys at all costs, I used to work here, you hear other guys complain about management, they have no idea how bad things are here, see previous posts.

BM Airways

Me too! This company must be F#$*@&D up to be calling on the 4th of July. I've read all the posts and man this joint scares me. I worked for a 135 operator in HI that sounds alot like this crap. 5 year trng contract, mngmnt that tries to kill you, (fatigue)
If they pay for the ticket I'll interview for the experience and laugh in there face! I'm lucky that I have a decent job now but I'm always looking for better. This aint the deal anyone is looking for. I guess mangmnt doesn't read this site!:eek:

Points to consider. Firstly the Beech is a better 19 seater, might as well stay in it. Colgan is more stable than BMA, even if you aren't going to upgrade next week if you stay. BMA might try to force you into a 727 to break ALPA at PanAm. Perhaps you don't care, but you should. BOS in the summertime ain't near as hot as SJU in the summertime. I'd stay at Colgan and try to be happy.

Pay 24,000 salary for f/o first year up to 24,700 for the second. no overtime, htey fly you as much as legal and on duty as much as they can by law. CA 33,600/yr.

PSM Portsmouth NH the base, yes they want you to live there and the schedules are so bad that even if you live here you aren't at home much, much less if you don't.

Upgrade, when you are ready 6-12 months, they have just upgraded a bunch of F/os but they are so short of f/os they are back in the right seat.

The small pilot group that have stuck around is the only good thing but, embarrassing and a joke, we fly no one around, if flight is not cancelled because no pax there is usually 1-2. Also we fly to very few places and several are way to long to be in a jetstream.

Flight benefits suck. Only on BMA and Pan-Am, yeh that helps, Pan-Am flies to SFB and SJU and a few places in the D.R. so non-existent. No ID 90s or other benes FInk the pres wants no part of it.

YOu sign a 5 year training agreement. after 18 months it stays fixed at $2,000. until 5 years is up (as if anyone could enforce this joke of a contract or would be stupid enough to stay 5 years here or think this place will be around in 5 years) I advise you to stay away and do anything else. Its NOT worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Its all true, this place is a disaster and 99.8% of the people that work here are miserable and or looking everywhere to get out. One thing Homer forgot was per-diem, a pathetic $1.10 per hr. Also another reson to stay away is that things are about to get ugly with Pan-Am and BMA because the slimballs at the top here are trying to bust the Pan-Am union by transferring the 727s that Pan-Am flys to the BMA certificate. Its a joke and union busting is no good to even have mentioned if its the case or not. Management is the most evil I've ever witnessed and we are all looking to bail ASAP even the new Captain upgrades. Its your choice to come here and suffer with the rest of us, I'm just telling you how it is. Most are contemplating doing something else at this point because its a loosing battle and a sinking ship.

chperplt said:
Is the J31 cabin similar to the C model 1900s or D models? Is there stand-up room?

The J31 cabin is a different configuration. The seating is one seat on left and 2 on right. It's standup on the aisle.

Just curious, will they buy my ticket up there? do they pay you while training? I really do not want to work there but I would like to interview for the experience and then laugh at them when they offer me the position. It seems that it has been bad for a while. What made you people accept the position and sign the contract?

BD

:rolleyes:

Badog,
I interviewed there last year got the job and then they stopped training. But they told me during the interview that they where getting resume from all over the country, but they were not interview people who would not pay for there own ticket to fly out to PSM. Also the pay during training is, and again this was a year ago $25 a day. All and all it sounds like a very bad deal.

Latest resources

Back