Boston Logan Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wilde737

I will be traveling through boston next spring, and was wondering about connecting from terminal A to E. Do you have to leave security and go back through at teminal E? I booked frequent flyer tickets, and they gave me a 1 hr and 21 minute connection. Will that work there? Never been there before. I checked the massport website, not much info there. Thanks,
Wilde737

I will be traveling through boston next spring, and was wondering about connecting from terminal A to E. Do you have to leave security and go back through at teminal E? I booked frequent flyer tickets, and they gave me a 1 hr and 21 minute connection. Will that work there? Never been there before. I checked the massport website, not much info there. Thanks,
Wilde737

yes, you leave security...and will have to re-clear. about a 10 minute walk from A to E.

1hr, 21min...depends, but seems kinda tight. I don't know what kind of lines they get at terminal E (could get long as E is the international terminal right?). I would check to make sure you don't have to transfer your own bags or recheck-in, that would hurt your transfer time and you would need more than what you got.

wmuflyguy, are you from Beantown? I just noticed your Don Cherry avatar. Those were the days....... HJ

Nope, I just overnight there a lot. I'm from outside of DTW and watched Don Cherry on CBC Saturday nights as a kid(and whenever I'm back there).

Boston is great and I wouldn't mind living there.

It will be tight. Unless you are able to check any bags straight through to your destination, then as has been said, you will have to collect your bags, walk the 10 minutes across the skybridge from A to E, recheck your bags and then get in line at security again.

Good luck. If weather is good and no delays, it will be tight, but possible. Any delays..forget it.

If you end up with time, and don't feel like walking, you can go to ground transportation and take the blue and white massport shuttle to terminal E. I prefer to walk myself, but if you have heavy bags, you may not want to.

If you end up with time, and don't feel like walking, you can go to ground transportation and take the blue and white massport shuttle to terminal E. I prefer to walk myself, but if you have heavy bags, you may not want to.

I would recommend avoiding the buses at all cost. They take forever. The walk isn't too long but like was said before if for some weird reason your bags arent checked through you're in trouble.

I would recommend avoiding the buses at all cost. They take forever. The walk isn't too long but like was said before if for some weird reason your bags arent checked through you're in trouble.

I 2nd that!!! Do NOT take the bus unless the people you are traveling with absolutely require it. It is crowded and can take forever. Because you have a fairly close connection you can't gamble. With the new skybridges the walk really isn't that bad and you should have no problem as long as you don't have to check your bags. You know you can do the walk in 10-12 minutes...The bus could take you anywhere from 5-45 minutes...no exageration. There is no bus that goes from A->E you can only go A->B->C->D->E...you get the picture.

I would also be sure to check with your airline because when I worked there (several years now) a lot of the airlines ran shuttles between there terminal and E on the secure side since it is distant from most terminals and it is the international terminal.

good luck

Latest resources

Back