Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deafsound

resident rock star
I'm a newbie commercial pilot in the Boston area and was wondering if anyone could give me any leads for any flying jobs that might be available. I'm doing traffic watch a few days a week, but I'd like to do more.....jump pilot, ferry gigs etc. I'm not trying to get into the airlines or anything, I just want to make some bucks flying.
Oh, BTW, I'm not so into the CFI thing---I tried teaching people audio for semester at a local college, and realized that teaching is not my forte.
Thanks.
I am braced for bashing, so g'head.

Do you have your commercial ticket? Looks like you only have a private/inst.

I grew up in the boston area and flew traffic out of beverly airport in a 152. Most of the time the traffic was going faster than I was, sort of funny really. There is a couple jump operators in and around that area, just ask around. go to dropzone.com to search. As for ferrying and pipe patrol, I know beverly had some gigs a while back, so I would go there first. But you will need your commercial ticket, unless you want to pay.

I guess I need to change my profile. I'm a commercial pilot.
The place out of beverly that does traffic is now flying from BED.
Thanks for the info

ok.....that makes sense then. Becuase my next question was going to be how you were able to fly traffic with a ppl.

Oh and I agree with you about the instructing thing. I was never really into either. I built 1000 hours flying skydivers. It is fun and all hands on PIC time.

Did you do the skydive thing in a single engine. It seems a lot of places around here are using twin otters.
I looked into the dropzone.com thing, any other advice?
Thanks!

yes, 182s and 206's. Most all dz's have a 182 or a 206 they use. I have done all my dive driving in Indiana, so really no help to you. Just keep searching. Actually if you can leave for the summer and fly elsewhere in the country, a lot of dz's will put you up in some shack at no cost. You can get anywhere from 300-600 hours in one summer depending on how busy the operation.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Maybe I can find something elsewhere. I'd rather get out of Boston in the winter of course.......,:)

Newport Skydiving

Talk to Mark at Newport Skydiving in RI. He usually needs guys he'll pay 10 per jump then evenutally 12 per jump and 25 everytime u wash the plane unlimited amount (5 times a week if u want).

Latest resources

Back