Bose X Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dumb Pilot

Can somebody recommend someone that repairs these headsets? The base that supports the ear piece has broken off. Yes I have googled it and I have contacted Bose directly but all I get is the "3 to 5 business days to get back to you" 3 days to get an email answered? I don't think so

Thanks in advanced

I'd just suck it up and deal with Bose as they may just replace it without any (or very little cost). Anywhere else you go will charge you, I'm guessing.

At the very least, I'd wait for a response from Bose.

I would call them directly. I have had this happen with my Bose headsets no less than 4 times. If your headset broke where the earcup attaches to the "yoke" near the screw it is a design flaw on their part. I had to really get on their case about it since it has happened so many times. The turn around time was around 10 days but they did it for free each time and also replaced ear seals, headpad, mic screen, and addressed any other issues. It's definitely worth sending it back to them. Raise some hell if you have to. I just said I don't see how I could honestly recommend these headsets to anyone considering the high price and Bose's unwillingness to fix an obviously flawed design at no cost. Hell David Clamp's offers a lifetime warranty why can't Bose.... Good Luck!!

I would call them directly. I have had this happen with my Bose headsets no less than 4 times. If your headset broke where the earcup attaches to the "yoke" near the screw it is a design flaw on their part. I had to really get on their case about it since it has happened so many times. The turn around time was around 10 days but they did it for free each time and also replaced ear seals, headpad, mic screen, and addressed any other issues. It's definitely worth sending it back to them. Raise some hell if you have to. I just said I don't see how I could honestly recommend these headsets to anyone considering the high price and Bose's unwillingness to fix an obviously flawed design at no cost. Hell David Clamp's offers a lifetime warranty why can't Bose.... Good Luck!!
You bet. It works and I had the same story as Stryker. I have not broken one for a few years now but broke 4 or 5 the first 5 years. Never paid a penny for repairs.

Latest resources

Back