• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bose Quite Comfort 2 Reviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Planning on upgrading to a Bose Quite Comfort 2 From the traditional David Clark 10.3.

Keep in mind that the QuietComfort 2 is not a full headset all by itself -- it's just headphones. The aftermarket UFlyMike turns it into an aviation headset. Note that the adapter won't work with the QC3.

Depends what you're flying. On a prop plane, you'd be better off with a traditional ANR headset. (I used a Lightspeed 20-3G in a 1900.) The Bose QC2 is just not powerful enough to drown out prop noise very well.

If you're in a noisy jet (lots of wind noise), it's excellent for that. I use one in a Citation, and it's very comfortable and quiet.

I have the Bose X I use for flying and a QC2 that I use in the cabin. The QC2 is not anywhere near the quality of construction or performance as the X. The comfort is pretty good but the noise reduction is poor.

The adapted QC2 is also rendered inoperative if the battery goes dead while the X continues to work without the ANR. IMO...the QC2 is not built for the riggers of professional use. In the 200 or so hours I have on mine its already had two failures while the X has performed without fail for over 6000 hours.

I tried the QC2-uflymike setup in the Saab and I didn't like it. Probably good for a jet but I went with the Lightspeed Zulu and like it a lot.

I have the QC2 in the CRJ and it's by far the best headset I've ever used. While it's true that it's not quite as resilient as the X or the David Clarks (which are damn near bulletproof), they are plenty tough for regular professional use. I have had mine for two years and about 1500 hours of use with not one failure. The headset will not work if the battery dies, but you are given plenty notice by the headset about impending doom. There's a blinky red light that says when you might need to change the battery, but it's not very accurate. Better is when the flight attendant slams the interphone back in it's cradle and the Bose kicks out for a second because the battery can't quite keep up with the volume demand.

Other plusses: really comfortable, sounds better than almost any other headset, and packs much small.

In the CRJ it works realy well. I think the quality could be a issue if you fly alot. I only fly 1 day a week. It works great for me. If i was doing 4 day trips i would get the X.

Qc2

I just switched from a pair of Telex 850 to the QC2 with the uflymike. They are very comfortable, especially on those long days and provide more than adequate noise cancellation. I find that if you remember to turn them off after each leg during the day the AAA battery will last for about a month. (Flying 12-17 days a month). However, when the battery does die, it only takes a minute to change it out. No big deal. Another plus, it the same headset I use to listen to music or watch movies on my laptop. One less headset to tote around. Just my 2 cents. BTW I am in a Lear so I cannnot comment about their effectiveness in other type.

I have one for sale, I used it for maybe 5 months or so then had to change jobs, I love the headset but can't use it in the airbus it has a different plugs. PM if anyone is intersted.

I have one for sale, I used it for maybe 5 months or so then had to change jobs, I love the headset but can't use it in the airbus it has a different plugs. PM if anyone is intersted.

You do know you can get an adapter for that... no need to get new headsets.

http://www.skygeek.com/jb-44.html

I've had the QC2-UFlyMike for almost 2 years, use it in the Piaggio, absolutely love it. Sold my beat up old X on Ebay for $700. Battery lasts 35-40 hrs, and the blinky light will give you a couple hr warning. Very nice for the commuting part of my week, effectively cancels out all the questions the guy in the middle seat next to me keeps asking!
Shouldn't you be up front flying?, How come a soda costs $5.....

Latest resources

Back