Bose QC2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FO4life

I see on many threads guys/Gals talking about the Bose QC2 with the U Fly Mike ( MIC ). Where did you purchase this I have searched online, on the Bose web site, Sportys, etc. I even called Bose and the Gal had no Idea what I was talking about.
Info Please.

You buy the headset (Bose QuietComfort 2, not the QC3) from whatever vendor you like; they're available all over the place.

You buy the boom mike directly from UFlyMike, the company that makes it.

I'm very seriously considering one of these setups once I have some spare cash.

Thanks, I have been Spelling it wrong, I found the web site.
thanks again.

I have borrowed a couple from some of the F/O's, and I think they're great. But I've been hearing that the FAA is concerned with the dead battery, fail dead issue. I know there's plenty of warning and the guys I've flown with carry spare batteries, but you know the FAA, it doesn't have to make sense. Bottom line is I'm holding off to see how it plays out.

U-Fly-Mike

I have the U-Fly-Mike setup. It is great. So far, I have put about 250 hours on it and performs flawlessly.

As far as the battery issue goes, it uses one AAA. There is a little zippered pouch inside the case where I keep a supply of batteries. I usually keep 4 spares I've found that the battery lasts about 15 hours before the warning light starts flashing. Changing the battery takes about 5 seconds. It never just quits on you, either.

The guy that designed them is a SWA captain. Apparently, they were sued by Bose, but they prevailed. He said the only area where the mics have any problems is the o-ring that keeps the connection snug. They ship with a spare. Mine still fits as snug as day one.

They are very comfortable for long stretches at a time. No discomfort after 5 hours straight.

Just make sure that you buy the QC2 headphones, not QC3. A friend didn't listen to me and bought the QC3 because the Bose sales rep sold him on the benefits of the QC2. The only problem is, they're not compatible.

I would buy them directly through Bose. No sales tax, free shipping and zero interest for 12 months. So for those on a budget, you could have this setup in your hands in about 2 days for about $225 initial out of pocket.

If you have any questions, feel free PM me.

Be advised, I just spoke with Bose, they are now charging sales tax on ALL 50 states for any shipped items. (For my state that was 22 dollars.)

This is totally wrong. PLEASE TELL THEM SO.

Crutchfield.com offers the QC2 with free UPS shipping, and no sales tax to most states, for 299.99 total.

Any chance that they are made in America?

Bought my QC2 off of e-bay. Arived in time for stress test to PHNL & back. Worked great, lasted a long time.

BTW UFLYMIKE has a less sensitive mic for noiser aircraft, that way you don't get the wind feedback noise you used to get..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back