Bose QC2 Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dooker

I just got my new Bose QC2 (for use with a U-Fly-Mike) in the mail today, tore it out of the packaging, popped a new triple-A into it, turned it on and saw the little red light illuminate.

Then I sat back, giddily expecting to be enveloped in a cone of silence.

I was not enveloped in a cone of silence.

I could still hear the TV going in the next room, could still hear my wife asking me if it was working, could still hear ... everything.

Does it do a better job blocking out ambient aircraft noise than it does ambient household noise?

What were you using before? I love mine, it works great. Nothing mutes a wife.

Last edited:
I had been flying a jet that came equipped with two aviation Bose's, so I never had to spring for my own. They worked great and I guess I got kind of spoiled. I almost soiled myself when I saw they went for $1,000.00 and up.

So I opted for the QC2 with the U-Fly. It's a lot lighter than the aviation headset, which is nice.

I guess I'd hoped they'd do more to block out the kinds of nosies (crying babies, etc.) that make airlining such a living hell.

For noises like TV and crying no they don't block that out because they aren't white noise or a noise that the ANR portion of the headset can react to quick enough.

They do a great job of blocking out engine noise and aircraft noise. For screaming babies you have to plug in a ipod to block that out. Try it like that and you'll find that it will drown out the tv noise in the other room quickly. It doesn't have to be turned up loud at all.

I thaught the same thing when I first got mine. They work great in the plane. That is unless you fly a prop.

Plus I can listen to the best of FireHouse at FL450

Tried it for a week. Still too loud, and the cord was a bit shabby. Sent it back and put the QC2 on eBay. Went with the Telex 850. Works great.

I just got my new Bose QC2 (for use with a U-Fly-Mike) in the mail today, tore it out of the packaging, popped a new triple-A into it, turned it on and saw the little red light illuminate.

Then I sat back, giddily expecting to be enveloped in a cone of silence.

I was not enveloped in a cone of silence.

I could still hear the TV going in the next room, could still hear my wife asking me if it was working, could still hear ... everything.

Does it do a better job blocking out ambient aircraft noise than it does ambient household noise?

I guess your theory on Union workers having lower IQ's is out the window.

Do you know how noise cancellation works?

Latest resources

Back