Bose QC 15/Uflymike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

Does anyone else have the headset cut out when going over on takeoff/landing or when using reverse thrust? I replace batteries and it continues to do this...

Anyone have this happen and know how to fix it?

Thanks

I was having issues with it cutting out/feed back on takeoff and during some heavier turbulence. I ended up going back to the QC2's as they don't do it. They aren't as quiet as the 15s, but the cutting out/feed back was getting annoying. I figured it was a product of the new external pickups for the ANR on the 15s and that I was using it in a turbo prop (Q400). You getting this in a jet or a prop?

After I change out batteries I never have a problem. Indicator on right ear cup tells you when they need to be changed out. If you ignore the light you may end up getting slapped by your captain for ignoring the callouts. In addition, the earplugs that you are supposed to wear with them are MANDATORY to wear as they protect the user from this very issue. Good luck with them. I love mine and would never switch to anything else.

I used the QC10 for 3 yrs & just got the 15 about 3 months ago. Never had any problems with the 10s or the 15s. Both in jets.

I had that issue with the QC2's when my batteries were low until my QC2 started going bad. Any slight bump on the headset would cause the cutout so it was a reminder to replace the battery and eventually it got to the point where even with a fresh battery it would do it occasionally. I just took it in, paid $150 to swap it for a new QC15 and so far so good. It still does the same if the battery is low but not randomly anymore.

What headset is the most comfortable. I am looking at the Bose 20 or the QC15.

The B20 seems like it would be heavy and better for a piston aircraft ?

Just upgrade to the A20's you won't regret it. I've had the X's for 9 years and love the new A20's. Way quieter than my old Bose...

In addition, the earplugs that you are supposed to wear with them are MANDATORY to wear as they protect the user from this very issue...

Only if your company requires a TSO'd headset. The FAA does not, nor do most companies.

In over six years of using this headset, I've never had a battery die in flight. As I said in another thread, check it at the beginning of the day. If the light is blinking, put a new battery in right then. It'll still run for days on a blinking light, but this provides an extra margin.

Latest resources

Back