BOS based...where to live?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

magrs

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am now based in BOS and am looking for a decent place to move, not being from the area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Single/No cash----Winthrop;East Bos 5 min on the T
Family/Wife's a doctor-----BOS overlooking harbor
Family/Kids/Wife's at home---1-2 hours out, North,West,possibly south, but PVD is expensive also.

Good Luck. Great folks,
Turnabouts- Just haul ass and don't look at the others, and stay in the outside lane, and ignore the locals. They'll try to kill you.

Check out Somerville and Cambridge too. The latter is more expensive and both are of course close to the city (on the T red line) and have a lot around their respective areas. What kind of area are you looking to live in and what kind of living situation are you looking for?

Southern Maine is pretty nice. Concord Trailways runs between Portland and Boston on a regular basis. Portland area very nice, lots to do. Yarmouth is known for having very good schools, is 15min from downtown.

Thanks,

married, 2 young kids.

I'll probably head for Southern NH as a starting point, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

married, 2 young kids.

I'll probably head for Southern NH as a starting point, but am open to suggestions.

I'm not sure what type of income you will have but the public school systems in most of the towns surrounding Boston are great. No need for private schools. The schools in Southern NH are pretty good too but do a little research before you buy if you are looking for public schools. Boston is very expensive but a great place to live. Especially if you are a sports fan.. :D

If you are looking for a two car garage and about 2000 sq feet you will be looking at a price of $400,000 to $850,000 depending on the town.

The town of Burlington, MA is about 20 minutes north west of Boston and the public schools are pretty good. The taxes are "low" because of business's like Oracle and Sun Micro Systems. There is also a large mall that helps keep the taxes down.

I grew up in the Boston area but went to college in Southern NH. Both are fine and a good place to raise a family. You will find that a lot of people in Southern NH are transplants from the Boston area or they work in MA. The property taxes in Southern NH have risen dramatically in the last 10 years and it's not as good of a deal as it used to be but still cheaper than Boston.

If you aren't the Northeast or the West coast it can be frustrating trying to find a house that will match your expectaions. It's very expensive but like I said earlier it's a great place to raise a family.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

Good luck

if you can afford it, move up to the "nath shah" (north shore). Beverly, Danvers, Gloucester, Ipswich. Go to Essex, and get some fried clams at Farnhams!

If you aren't the Northeast or the West coast it can be frustrating trying to find a house that will match your expectaions. It's very expensive but like I said earlier it's a great place to raise a family.

If you aren't from is what I meant to say...:beer:

Latest resources

Back