Books to read

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LittleBird

I was hoping that someone could guide me toward a good interview book. I know interviews aren't really happening for a guy with 800 hrs but I would like to be prepared for when it happens. Thanks

Interview Books

Checklist for Success ----- by Cheryl Cage

and Mental Math ------- by ???????

Cheryl sells it, but, I would think someone on this board would like to sell you all their interview books with the option to buy them back in 2008.

Best of Luck!

It is a good time to start studying. Never can tell when an interview will jump out of no where....
FD

I believe Sporty's carries the mental math book. If not, "Aviation Book Company" should. They have a great pilot store next door to Galvin's in Seattle (BFI).

Regards,
2000Flyer

Good interview books

Airline Pilot Interviews: How You Can Succeed in Getting Hired by Irv Jasinski, ISBN: 0942195078, is a great book that helps demystify the process.

Sweaty Palms: The Neglected Art of Being Interviewed by H. Anthony Medley, ISBN: 0898154030, is a good book about interview psychology.

You can find both of them nearly anywhere, e.g, www.amazon.com. , etc. I'm more than confident that Kit Darby will sell them to you, too, but at retail.

Knock 'em Dead by Martin Yate is also a good book about interview psychology.

Last edited:
The math book is called Mental Math for Pilots. The Cheryl Cage book is well worth reading. The EAA often carries copies for sale, along with Amazon.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone

I wanted to say thankyou to everyone that has given me some help. I went out and bought both the mental math and the other book that I can't think of right now but I have read it...anyhow thankyou all and I'm studying. I know that it will pay off one day. I have patience

Checklist for Success by Cage is a must.

My favorites for prepping for the Technical stuff are:

Airline Pilot Technical Interview - A Study Guide by Ronald McElroy (also published by Cage Publishing)

The Pilot's Airline Technical Interview Reference Manual - by Capt. Bob Norris available through AIR Inc. (Don't flame me, I'm not a Kit Darby proponent, but this book is awesome. It's a collection of articles by different people on Meteorology, Systems, Aero, Sims, Pilot Techniques, Operations, and Medical.)

AIM/FAR

All of those books are good and I dropped major coin because I was convinced I needed them all. Then I went to the library and found every single one of them on the shelf. I'd take a look at your local library before you go spending the cash. Good luck.

All good answers.

I would add Aviation Weather and Aviation Weather Services to the library. Also good for understanding flight are Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators and the little known ( in the U.S. anyway ) Handling the Big Jets by D.P. Davies. The Flight Training Handbook is quite good for Aerodynamics as well.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back