• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier in Talks on $2 Billion Orders With Delta, Lufthansa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it disgusting that a company that is currently in bankruptcy and is raping it's employees as hard and fast as it can is even able to even talk about placing an order for a BILLION dollars.

Ick.

I sincerely hope these go to Delta mainline pilots . . . AND that those bozos make it worth their while. If they agree to fly them for less than what the regionals are getting paid (work rules, yadda yadda) . . . WE GONNA GIT HOSED.

General....... General!! Anyone see General????

You bet. The only way to do that is by expanding mainline first. And, those planes are still only flown with 76 seats. Also, they only get 15 per year I believe. (with 76 seats) Expect an order for 50 mainline (obviously) 787s when we exit BK, along with 50 mainline 737-700s. No joke there. Also we are getting more 777s, and 757s from AA (ex TWA birds). The furloughed pilots have almost all been called back atleast once. Hiring could start as soon as FEB.

How's Daisy and Kooter by the way Wsurf? Fixen to cook fried crawdads with them soon on the dock? Any news on new Dash 8-300s or -400s for you? When will you upgrade on that -400?

Bye Bye--General Lee

No news on any aircraft! Daisy and Kooter say, "Come on Up to New Bern for a good time General"!!

think back to Deltas RFP for the DCI flying. It mentioned up to 50 76 seaters. These will be the airplanes for the RFP flying.

What I don't understand is how Delta can brag about how aggressive they're gonna be when AMR (who's never been in bankruptcy) is holding off on orders for American and Eagle until "sustained profitability". My money's on AMR.

It is my humble opinion that Delta is going to emerge from this a leaner, meaner, financial powerhouse. It will be a resurgence of the 80's culture at Delta mainline.

In that case, I propose we all stop referring to it as the CRJ-900 and simply call it the C-900.

yes that way when picking up chicks it would go like this

her: "Oh so you're a pilot. What do you fly?"
me: "A See 9-0-0"
her: "A see 9-0-0, how big is that?"
me: "You know how big those military transport see seventeens are?"
her: "Yes"
me: "Well ours is a nine hundred!"

oh yeah!

yes that way when picking up chicks it would go like this

her: "Oh so you're a pilot. What do you fly?"
me: "A See 9-0-0"
her: "A see 9-0-0, how big is that?"