• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATL2CDG

Life's wastebucket
12/06/2001

Delta Connection to Begin Jet Service Between Dallas/Fort Worth and Corpus Christi, Texas; Indianapolis

New Flights Enhance Service Options for Customers

CINCINNATI, Dec. 6, 2001 – Delta Connection will provide customers with three daily, nonstop round-trip flights each between Delta’s (NYSE: DAL) Dallas/Fort Worth hub and the cities of Corpus Christi, Texas and Indianapolis, beginning Feb. 7, 2001. The service will be operated by Delta Connection carrier Comair using the Canadair regional jet (CRJ).

Travelers to Dallas/Fort Worth have access to more than 200 daily flights on Delta and Delta Connection carriers to more than 60 cities in the United States and Mexico. This includes convenient connections to destinations in the West, Southwest and throughout Texas.

Dallas will be the fifth nonstop destination for Delta customers traveling from Indianapolis. Other nonstop destinations from Indianapolis on Delta or Delta Connection include Atlanta, Cincinnati, New York (LaGuardia) and Orlando, Fla.

Known for its convenience, comfort and speed, the CRJ carries passengers in a two-by-two seating arrangement; every seat is an aisle or window, with no middle seats. The plane can cruise at a speed of 530 mph at altitudes as high as 41,000 feet and is recognized as the quietest commercial jet aircraft in the world.

Delta Connection carriers include wholly owned subsidiaries Atlantic Southeast Airlines and Comair, and additional regional carriers Atlantic Coast Airlines and SkyWest. Delta Connection carriers operate more than 200 regional jets throughout North America. For more information, please contact Delta Reservations, 1-800-221-1212, or visit delta.com

BOHICA. :)

How many people here know what that stands for and which pilot group coined the term.

Hint: Frank Borman

Good one Chief, Eastern pilots . BOHICA stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again. Do I get a prize? How about this one, does anybody know what DILLIGAF stands for.

Actually,it as Charlie Bryan and the IAM that started that.

"Actually" BOHICA has been around the military forever. I first heard of "DILLIGAF" as "DILLIGAS" (Does It Look Like I Give A S---) and that was 1966. I believe it was around long before that. My father had a tie bar with DILLIGAS engraved on it that he obtained in WWII. Amazing how each generation believes it was first to do anything! My son thinks he invented sex.

Ok, good point, Eastern's unions probably didn't invent BOHCIA, but they were the last group to use it extensively. Look what it got them, something worse then Borman, Lorenzo. :)

Latest resources

Back