• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing Resumes 787 Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is going to be an Excellent plane, although it will be a hangar queen for a year or two until they get all the bugs worked out.

Biggest mistake Boeing ever made was the outsourcing! Trying to get things done cheaper has cost them BILLIONS....way to save that money Boeing...you DUMBAZZES!!!!!! Greed....it will be the Death of the Best Airplane on the market if they don't look in the mirror and get their CRAP TOGETHER!:mad:

Agreed. Opening a second production line in South Carolina was a good idea. Outsourcing so much was a big mistake. Also, tell those Union Boys in Seattle that their craaap won't fly - time to get your work on and get'r done...

Plastic pile of garbage built by accountants and theoretical physics.......Sadly people may likely perish on this airplane when the theories of composites come to their reality. Some things should learn to be left alone.

Plastic pile of garbage built by accountants and theoretical physics.......Sadly people may likely perish on this airplane when the theories of composites come to their reality. Some things should learn to be left alone.

Perhaps you should look at the history of aluminum and of pressurized airplanes.

Perhaps you should look at the history of aluminum and of pressurized airplanes.

50 years of history and development have brought aluminum airplanes to their level of safety and reliability today. This project has continuously been forced into streamlined production. Boeing has detoured from many of its founding principals in the interest of saving a dollar.

Airbus is the way to go, Boeing is a dying company, if they don't get their act together and quick. ITs sad because in the day Boeing airplanes were the best around until they started outsourcing.

Well said. Tragic, but true.

Throughout the "great recession" of the past 2 yrs, the Germans have made huge progress in their economic footprint not by outsourcing but rather by sticking with what they are known for. Perfection and quality engineering.

We Americans could stand to learn a thing or two from them.

Outsourcing simply isn't worth the headaches it brings on.... buuuuuuuut, they don't teach that at Yale/ Harvard/ Stanford yet.

Last edited:
The outsourcing at Boeing has as much to do with the global nature of airlines than just saving a buck-
I'm no apologist for outsourcing- but there are so many treaties and combination deals: we'll buy x # airplanes if we can get x jobs building the (______) - it makes my head spin-

A problem yes- but also if you're Qantas and are going to spend billions on airframes- why wouldn't you push for jobs to help the economy- which will lead to more people flying-

Outsourcing is a problem in aviation in general simply bc AVIATION greases and stimulates economies on so many levels

Anyone remember the engineers strike? I think it was over 30 million. The last expense I saw said something like 300 Billion loss so far, with order cancellations, non delivery, or boeing loss to Airbus. I can't belive anyone is still there from the line manager up. The board of directors have completely been derelict. There should be huge signs in SEA for "qualified managers".

Are you referring to the strike in fall of 2008? That strike cost Boeing $2.7 billion in NET earnings and $6.6 billion in revenue. Yet the CEO and Chairman still got his bonus that year.

Accountability... not.

Ya, but there was something else I read recently about the losing furture revenues from all of the cancellations and boeing to Airbus customers. But ya, how can anyone still be employed in the management office??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back