• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing get new air refueler contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how the "Frankentanker" will turn out. Hope its results are better than the Fisher XP-75 Eagle.

And now we have to hope that Boeing does the right thing and gives us a good product at a fair price~

Then again, will they put profit and shareholders above the Warfighter and the American People?

Anyone want to make a guess!

My guess is Northrop hasn't begun to fight, they'll throw in some complaint right about the award time, further delaying a new tanker.

I wonder how the "Frankentanker" will turn out. Hope its results are better than the Fisher XP-75 Eagle.

OK, I'll bite. Explain what the Fisher XP-75 Eagle was all about. And, I love the term, "Frankentanker."

Frankentanker = 767-200 Fuselage, -300 wing, -400 cockpit etc. etc.

The A-330 FlyAway price (including development funding) for the first 89 tankers was $184 million per plane.

Since the 767 is a smaller, less capable plane I sure hope we taxpayers will be paying significantly less than $184 Million per plane. I doubt it though.

OK, I'll bite. Explain what the Fisher XP-75 Eagle was all about. And, I love the term, "Frankentanker."

I wish I'd come up with that one. I guess it'll be an amalgamation of some sort. The Fisher Eagle had parts from P-51, SDB, F-4U, and P-40. At least the KC-X parts'll come from the same maker.

Latest resources

Back