• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Boeing Corporate Flt Dept/ GYY

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
Anyone in the Chicago area have details on them? Schedules,flying,possible hiring/layoffs, quality of life?

CALRepublic

Total Time
plenty
They just announced 4500+ lay offs, not sure how many (if any) were pilots. It looks like boeing is triming some fat

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
One of their pilots is a member here but doesn't post often (he's a little shy... ;) ).

I'll give him a call. Back in the fall, I know he said there were some retirements coming up.

4 (I believe) Challengers--they have 604's that are being replaced by 605's plus a couple of BBJ's. Good schedule. Good pay.

They've hired several airline types in the past so it's not a requirement that you're typed in either aircraft and they don't discriminate against Guard/Reserve types.

And they serve a mean tuna salad sandwich in the employee cafeteria at the hangar... ;)

TC

Last edited:

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
awesome..

I hardly think the layoffs will effect the corp flight dept ( 605s and BBJs ) ... the Execs still need to work and travel.....

Thanks for the response AA

Last edited: