Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FNG24

Greetings Gents,
I was curious if anyone had a fairly accurate hourly cost of operating a 767. Including maintenance costs.....no pax, but a tanker/cargo platform. Thanks!

FNG24 said:
Greetings Gents,
I was curious if anyone had a fairly accurate hourly cost of operating a 767. Including maintenance costs.....no pax, but a tanker/cargo platform. Thanks!

Figure on 4500-5200 USD $ per block hour for a 764. 1700 gals of fuel per block hr.
If your bidding on the tanker contract, round the numbers up significantly.

767 tanker

Bocefus....could you elaborate a little for me. Why would the tanker contracy drive costs up...Was that the hour cost for mtx and everyting else. Thanks in advance for your help.

As the saying goes, "if you have to ask, then it is probably way out of your league".

The numbers given are average ACMI block hour costs for a civil 764. The bit about rounding up for a tanker contract is a misguided attempt at sacastic humour by me. The equivalent aircraft operated by a governmental agency will always cost significantly more to operate.

You need to give just a little more info. B767-200,300,400? Not sure how you plan to buy fuel? I just don't think you can even get close to an accurate as this can vary to extremes. Is the airframe going to need major work in the next 24 months, I mean something bigger than a C check? Gear swap? I think Conklin may have some numbers, but again its the unknowns that will break the bank. Good luck as you will need all you can find.

A tanker version of the 767 would probably have to be a -200. The 300 and especially the 400 would probably have rotation clearance problems with the boom. I think Italy has 767 tankers now.

Draginass said:
A tanker version of the 767 would probably have to be a -200. The 300 and especially the 400 would probably have rotation clearance problems with the boom. I think Italy has 767 tankers now.

With an avitar like that, sounds like you probably know from where you speak!

Spooky is correct, more info is needed. I posted -400 numbers because I had them handy. You can check them against anyone's and I think you'll find that they are as accurate as any you would pay a lot more for. Italy, Japan, UAE, all have 76 tankers on order. Conklin's numbers are way off base from what I have seen. Keep in mind that their niche is business aircraft, and they are very good at it. Transport aircraft are a whole different game, there are more accurate and experienced providers available in my opinion. If you are seriously needing info, you will need to pay big dollars for it.

767 Costs

It s for an assigneed project in my last semester of Grad school. I'm a financec guy, your right, it is way out of my league, thats why I am here in search for answers.....

764 Tanker

It will be a -200 or -300, and we will not have a boom. It will have WAR Pods on the wings and service NAvy and MArine Corp Aircraft only. i.e. Hornets, Harriers and EU/Britsh planes with probes on them. This is kind of my last resort. I have called several leasing companies, and you guys are right. They will not tell me anything. The jet is going to be cargo configured (cargo door) and have the whole removealbe saet going, with a fuel cell inside.

Latest resources

Back