• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing 757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh good burn on the grammar.....pretty interesting how defensive you airbi boys are getting. Maybe it's because deep down you know I'm right.

Yeaaahhhhh, that's it! :rolleyes: Looks like you were the 1st one to throw a jab at the Airbus, and it was quite lame BTW. But I guess sticking up for your superior Boeing helps you sleep at night.... BTW- I couldn't care less whether I fly one or the other... my d!ck isn't that small.

I assume you are making a slight at Airbus. The 777 and 787 are fly-by-wire. Do pilots "fly" them?

If I'm in cruise for 10+ hrs, I couldn't give a rats ass about being Chuck Yeager. It's all about quiet and comfort.

There's at least a couple former pilots that wouldn't fight your assessment about the quiet and comfortable flight deck of an airbus.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

The 757-300 is supposedly the biggest money-maker at Delta on a per seat basis (RASM-CASM.)

My only complaint about the airplane is that, as with all Boeings, the cockpit is just too damn loud. Oh, and there's a yoke. Other than it's a pilot's airplane.

Oh, and it's an airliner that flies straight and level in the mid 30s at 0.8M. Rotate, auto-pilot on, WSJ out. Wash, rinse, repeat...737, 757, 777, etc

I assume you are making a slight at Airbus. The 777 and 787 are fly-by-wire. Do pilots "fly" them?

If I'm in cruise for 10+ hrs, I couldn't give a rats ass about being Chuck Yeager. It's all about quiet and comfort.

And? The F-16 is fly by wire, and yes we "fly them."

And? The F-16 is fly by wire, and yes we "fly them."

You've helped me make my point. Just because its FBW doesn't mean the pilot doesn't fly it.

I hate to pipe in....

There is something to be said about how comfortable the flight deck is.

There is also something to be said about one being American made while the other one is not.

Comfort (passengers)-I have only ever been on one comfortable ride in a 757 and that was the one time I had an exit row by myself. Other than that-I would say its rather tight. But I know that is purely the airlines seat placement.

I will now comment on which one I think is cool looking-Boeings definitely win on that category. With the exception being the A330, they are all rather ugly when compared to Boeings.

Whoever said it was right. Its a wash when comparing safety.

I hate to pipe in....

There is something to be said about how comfortable the flight deck is.

There is also something to be said about one being American made while the other one is not.

Comfort (passengers)-I have only ever been on one comfortable ride in a 757 and that was the one time I had an exit row by myself. Other than that-I would say its rather tight. But I know that is purely the airlines seat placement.

I will now comment on which one I think is cool looking-Boeings definitely win on that category. With the exception being the A330, they are all rather ugly when compared to Boeings.

Whoever said it was right. Its a wash when comparing safety.

Airbus will soon have a factory in the USA to produce Airbus products right here (A320 family). So then it will be made in the USA. ;) As for looks, I think the A320 looks better than the 737. The 737 looks ok, but the A320 design/shape is better. The 737 narrows the fuselage towards the cockpit area, whereas Airbus keeps it open and then meets it at the flight deck, resulting in a much larger cockpit. Also, the 737 engine positions on the wings and ground clearance require the engines to be more flat and it ruins the engine shape. From an aesthetic standpoint, that looks like a flaw. The Airbus ground clearance is great and the engines are nice and round as they should be.

The 757 is a great pilot's airplane . . . . and a lousy, cramped, slave-ship for passengers. Just awful. Same for the 737, another outdated stretched slave-ship.

The A320, while a POS to fly, at least provides a relatively comfortable passenger cabin.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back