Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Resume Writer

Hi Everyone,

I heard from a retired AWA pilot last night that Bob Ewert passed away on Sunday night from cancer. Can anyone confirm that? If so, any details on where the funeral will be held? I am not sure if he had retired yet or was still with the company, as I have been gone for almost five years. I flew with him many times during my tenure at AWA.

Any info would be appreciated. Maybe something is posted on the ALPA PHX MEC website?

Thanks!

Kathy;
This was posted on 14 January at 1607:

It is with great sadness that I share with you the passing of Captain Bob Ewert. Captain Ewert passed recently from complications with cancer.
His wife, who is an active flight attendant with us, informed me there will be a small and intimate "Celebration of Life" and there will be no public funeral, memorial or wake services.

They have asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the "America Cancer Society".

Respectfully,
Captain Clary Roberts
Survivor Committee

Thanks for posting this. For those who did not know him, Bob was a really nice guy.

He was integral in getting representation for the pilots. He always stood for what was right for the workforce.

He also was one (if not the only) line employee that sat on the bankruptcy committee to represent the employees' interests and hold the company accountable.

I believe his wife is Pam - I cannot remember. I am glad she has the AWA family to help her through this trying time. The pilots and FAs are a really tight-knit group.

RIP, Bob - may you only experience tailwinds!

Latest resources

Back