• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Check 6

Sky Signs, Myrtle Beach, SC

www.sky-signs.net

Log 600-700 hours during the Summer season.

Apply through their web site.

I have no further information - please contact them and/or look at the web site.

Last edited:
Check 6 said:
Sky Signs, Myrtle Beach, SC

www.sky-signs.net

Log 600-700 hours during the Summer season.

Apply through their web site.

I have no further information - please contact them and/or look at the web site.

Search the forums about that co.

These aren't the guys that charge $2-3 grand for training, then $50/hr for their plane until you get 50 tailwheel? If so, they wanted the training money from a friend of mine who already had a season under his belt w/ 350+ banner tow.

Give VanWagner a call first, failing them, High Exposure in NJ is hiring this year. They both fly top-notch equipment. Most of High Exposure's cubs could pass for personal aircraft on the ramp; not too common for a towplane. Paramount in NJ has been getting better, and pay is pretty competative. I enjoyed my 4 seasons with them.

I don't know. There is an outfit in Daytona Beach that has a history of this BS though. I copied this ad from a web site but know nothing about them personally.

This season they upped the training cost to $2200.

Details:

7 Super Cubs
Hiring 8 pilots
Req 25 hrs Dual Instruction, $2200
50 hours tailwheel req.
350 PIC
Pay is $10/hr

I got all of this info in February from them. Last year I was going to tow but CFIed instead. Called them back this year to see about possibly flying for them and they had upped the training to $2200. Also, if you do not have 50 hours tailwheel, you have to rent their planes for $60/hr until you have the 50 tailwheel.

Yeah, and like I said, when my friend called them with over 300hrs towing in supercubs, they still wanted 2 grand. Unless you're tied to the area, if you're interested in towing banners, either go to Jersey/NY or to FL. There are good operators out there that won't charge you more than you'll make in a season.

Training for a wavier checkride shoudl take a week, MAX. I've seen guys do it in 4 flights; guys who had 5 hours tailweel too.

Check 6 said:
I don't know. There is an outfit in Daytona Beach that has a history of this BS though. I copied this ad from a web site but know nothing about them personally.

The outfit in Daytona you want to stay away from is owned or managed by TIM. He is a real piece of work and will take your money quicker than you can get it out of your pocket. Most banner companies make you pay for training and all want to work you for nothing but with that said there is a company out of North Perry airport in FL that flys cubs that pay OK. There is also Aerial Banners out of North Perry.

Aerial Sign out of North Perry is Now Van Wagner Aerial media but they are almost done hiring pilots for the season. Act quick if you want a spot. Training is free if you stay a season... If you leave early it is $2,500.00 Also the planes are very top notch.

What type of aircraft is Van Wagner flying now?

MDAutry said:
Aerial Sign out of North Perry is Now Van Wagner Aerial media but they are almost done hiring pilots for the season. Act quick if you want a spot. Training is free if you stay a season... If you leave early it is $2,500.00 Also the planes are very top notch.

Latest resources

Back