Bna Ame

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flywrite

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good AME for a first class in the Nashville area, preferably on the southeast side of town (Smyrna, Murfreesboro, etc.)

Thanks

i've been playing musical ame's in the smyrna area for the past three years. i used JOHN M BYRNES 115 ENON SPRINGS RD SMYRNA (615) 459-0005 last year but for personal reasons didn't go back. this year i used THOMAS J FRIDDELL SUMMITT INC
2817 LEBANON ROAD NASHVILLE (615) 883-6545 based on the recommendation of my primary care doctor. two years ago i used ROY L DE HART VANDERBILT UNIV MED CTR OCC & ENVIRO MED
403 MEDICAL ARTS BLDG 1211 21ST AVE SOUTH NASHVILLE (615) 936-0422 but didn't want to drive downtown and it was more like a space shuttle physical even for a second class. my search did not yield any in the boro that do first class. i liked friddell a lot, quick in and out and easy. location is east of bna however, a bit of a drive. also, i only did second class.

I also use Friddell. The comments made by Anaconda are right on, he gets you in and out fast. He does first class medicals and his price recently went up to$90. No Hassle
Fiveoh

Does anyone else have any more recommendations for this area? What type of eyechart does Dr. Fridell use, or the others mentioned if you can remember? I'm in 110% health but the vision is lacking on some days.

I see that this should be in the Medical section now. This thread must've started before the Medical forum was created.

Last edited:
Don't have any more recommendations in BNA as I use a guy in CVG now. However, as previously mentioned Friddell is painless I wouldn't worry too much about it. By far the easiest medical I've had in almost two decades...

Does anyone else have any more recommendations for this area? What type of eyechart does Dr. Fridell use, or the others mentioned if you can remember? I'm in 110% health but the vision is lacking on some days.

If you are worried about your medical I’d suggest Charlie Smith!!! :)

Are you doin' ok? Can you see me? Can you hear me? Yeah? Well, sounds like you’re good to go!”

Maybe I’m exaggerating a tad but not a whole lot.

Charlie R Smith, MD
Southern Region
Specialty:
Ophthalmology
Nashville, Tennessee37214
Phone:
(615) 889-5594

For the last 4 years I’ve been going to Dr. Friddell (easier drive for me) and he’s pretty painless too. Btw. he (or his nurse) uses one of those small desktop devises you look into when you do the vision test, in other words not a chart on the wall but it works the same way.

Also, in the past I went to Dr. Ours in Murfreesboro but he can't do 1st class medicals. All 3 doctors I’ve been to are great guys, I’d say pick one you live closest to.

Thomas J Friddell, MD
Southern Region
Specialty: Family Practice/General Practice

Nashville, Tennessee37214-2520

Check out this website:

http://www.amereview.com

- click on "Search by city"

According to this website there’s only 1 FAA doctor in Smyrna:Byrnes, John M and he does 1st class medicals.

There are 4 FAA doctors in Murfreesboro: Clark, Eric W. ,Ours, David E., Walker, Ramsey O, Walker, Terri L however none of them can do the 1st class medical,

Latest resources

Back