BN Islander

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IDpilot

Does anyone know where to find information on a an Islander? I'm looking for performance info or POH. Thanks

IDpilot

Google it!

Britten-Norman BN-2A Islander
TYPE: Commuter airliner and light utility transport.
PERIOD BUILT: 1965-
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Britain
ENGINES: 2x Lycoming O-540-E4C flat six piston engines of 260 hp each.
DIMENSIONS:
Wing span: 49 ft 0 in / 14.94 m.
Length: 35 ft 8 in / 10.86 m
Height: 13 ft 9 in / 4.18 m.
WEIGHTS:
Empty equipped: 3,588 lb / 1,627 kg
Max. takeoff: 6,600 lb / 2,993 kg
PERFORMANCE:
Max. speed: 147 kt / 273 kph
Max. cruising speed: 140 kt / 257 kph
Economical cruise: 133 kt / 246 kph
Initial climb: 970 ft/min
Service ceiling: 13,200 ft
Range at economical cruising speed: 755 nm/ 1400 km
ACCOMMODATION: Flight crew of two pilots, or pilot and passenger; seating for eight in main cabin. Air ambulance; three stretchers and two attendants.
CREW: 1-2

They are still used for commercial passenger service in the Turks and Caicos islands. Forgot the name of the airline that used them but there were only two local airlines. Look like they would be fun to fly.

IDPilot,

Before you take those exact specs. from Crizz, make sure you know what dash model it is. Britten-Norman had this profound way of making 20 airplanes out of one.

For instance: I fly the BN-2A-8 where the -8 refers to the increase gross weight version with the addition of "flap droop" to 7 degrees. It changes the ATOG from 6,000 to 6,200

I was talking with our DOM since he is and Islander nut and we tried to go through all the "dashes" just so I would know.

After awhile all I heard was BN-2A-blah blah blah (beacuse of the amount of variants)

P.S. - I want to kmow where I can pick up a 260 horse BN2 that has that 3,012 lb. useful from the google search. Our model only has 1,970 lb. useful..

Thanks for setting the thread strait. I dont know anything about the Islander. Like I said, I just did a search on Google and posted the first thing that looked useful.

Didn't joceanlord have quite a bit of Islander time and "experience"? :D Speaking of the mighty j is he still flying those oh so friendly j/s's these days?

It has been awhile j so where are you?

3 5 0 :D

There is one operator on the west coast.

In Camarillo, California, CMA airport, Channel Island Air operates Islanders between Camarillo and Oxnard to the Channel Islands for hunting expeditions and sight seeing tours. They might be able to help you with your questions.

350 driver;

we lost our PR mail contract last July.

right now I've got as job driving this rich lady around in her BMW car - I take her hair appointments, doctors, watch her precious dog, etc etc etc.....it's pretty funny

there is a compant in charlevoix michigan that flies islanders to beaver island.

Latest resources

Back