Blue Angels Drop 2--WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flinn.jpg

Is she really flying for UPS? That would be hilarious!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Flinn

Charged
Lt. Flinn faced a court-martial on May 20, 1997 for military charges of adultery with a soccer coach at Minot AFB who was married to a female enlisted subordinate; conduct unbecoming an officer; disobeying a lawful order (in writing, to stay away from the married man) and making a false official statement.[1]
Flinn's case, due to her high visibility in Air Force recruitment advertisements, as well as the number of her accomplishments during her four years of active-duty service, drew national attention, eventually creating a media circus. She was allowed to resign from the Air Force with a general discharge to avoid a court-martial. [1]
She wrote a book Proud to Be: My Life, The Air Force, The Controversy (ISBN 0-7567-5753-3, ISBN 0-375-50109-6) giving her side of the story regarding her experiences.

Dogs shouldn't Do-Do in thier own yard

I must admit. I didn't even read the link about who the "Blue's" were doing. I just know too many "Ex- Blues" who got "Keel-Hauled" or "Neutered" by the all encompassing P.C. over the years.

But I agree that you don't Poo in your own yard.

Can't help but wonder if UPS has any male pilots who left the military with a General Discharge ....

PHXFLYR

Clarification...

Just to clear this up - we're talking about the Blue Angels here. I've studied right angles, obtuse angles, and triangles, but never the afore-mentioned "Blue Angles". I know, it only bothers the people who can spell... Can't fault the guy for trying a different "angle" though. ;-)

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the General Discharge under honorable conditions will revert to an Honorable Discharge after 6 months. I could be wrong on this. The fact of the matter is, what Kelly Flynn did is in the past. There are those that want to punish her now for what happened. Those people make me ashamed to be with the military. They didn't have the guts to stand up and do the right thing on AD. Now that she has paid her dues in the regionals and gotten hired they want to go after her here at UPS. That is a coward move and they would have made a great bunch of AF generals. BTW, If I had gotten caught doing the same thing, those same bunch of losers would have court martialed me in a second and deservedly so.

Latest resources

Back