• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blue Angels Drop 2--WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That type of s#!t is a no-go in any military unit.

are you kidding me? If my old squadron got rid of every pilot who was guilty of fooling around (be it with an enlisted girl, a married girl or cheating on your wife) we would have lost half our pilots.

My humble opinion, unless the person you are fooling around with is in your direct chain of command, it is none of the militaries business. And even then I think they should be able to show some sort of damage to the unit before any action is taken.

are you kidding me? If my old squadron got rid of every pilot who was guilty of fooling around (be it with an enlisted girl, a married girl or cheating on your wife) we would have lost half our pilots.
I hope that's an exaggeration, but if not, your squadron's an embarrassment

My humble opinion, unless the person you are fooling around with is in your direct chain of command, it is none of the militaries business. And even then I think they should be able to show some sort of damage to the unit before any action is taken.
Humble opinion?

And my old squadron would not have.

And even then I think they should be able to show some sort of damage to the unit before any action is taken.

Probably an Air Force thing?

In the military, that stuff gets you tossed out of the squadron, with a FitRep you gotta sign twice. If they can show "harm", you get a court martial.

I never screwed the help.

I've seen guys get away with it....at low and high levels.

I've seen guys and gals get bounced out for it too. The thing is, if and when you get caught, you cannot say you didn't know the rules. The fact the enforcement was sometimes erratic doesn't help you when you are the one signing depositions...

I used to tell my guys there were only a very few ways to get in serious trouble...

--screwing the help
--screwing a bro's wife (then I would try to kill you)
--doing drugs
--stealing stuff
--cowardice
--overtly open racial or sexual harrassment

All in all...not hard to stay out of trouble. Problem is, sometimes the more "elite" or higher up the food chain you got, the easier it was to think you were special. In fact, all that ever means is more people are looking at you....

I've seen guys and gals get bounced out for it too. The thing is, if and when you get caught, you cannot say you didn't know the rules. The fact the enforcement was sometimes erratic doesn't help you when you are the one signing depositions.....

I've seen guys and gals get in trouble, but I've seen plenty who did not, even though everyone knew what was going on.

The military needs to enforce it fairly and evenly or not at all.

My humble opinion, unless the person you are fooling around with is in your direct chain of command, it is none of the military's business. And even then I think they should be able to show some sort of damage to the unit before any action is taken.

What you described is a serious breakdown in command. Especially screwing around with the enlisted. That's the kind of stuff that cost O-6's and 7's their jobs.

As far as the military's business goes. I was under the impression that after I signed my name on the line everything I did was the military's business.

What you described is a serious breakdown in command. Especially screwing around with the enlisted. That's the kind of stuff that cost O-6's and 7's their jobs.

As far as the military's business goes. I was under the impression that after I signed my name on the line everything I did was the military's business.

actually, and again my opinion, but unless an enlisted girl is in your chain of command, that's the one I think is the least objectionable.

When I was FAIP, we had an IP in my flight who was dating an enlisted girl who worked in the CBPO. He was told to stop. The next week they ran off and got married. Funny thing was, once they were married evidently there was nothing the Air Force could do about it.

I fully understood when I signed up that my business was now the militarys business. I am just saying I don't think it has to be that way for the military to function.

michael707767,

I think that you fail to realize the differences between the services.

In the Navy, any officer/enlisted relationship that is 'unduly familiar' is deemed fraternization and is against the regs and a serious breech. Chain of command or not, same unit or not, etc.

shoot, in the Marine Corps, they have been known to go after people retroactively. As in, enlisted girl gets out of the military. Then, as a civilian, marries a marine officer. Said officer was then court martialed for violating the fraternization regulations. presumably the relationship started while she was still on active duty, the Marine Corps knew it and wasn't going to stand for that kind of crap (I'll get out then we're good).

I think that I wasn't the only Navy officer appalled at the whole deal surrounding that B-52 pilot a few years ago. The air force went after her for disobeying an order, but the Navy would have gone after her much earlier for dating enlisted personnel period. That isn't illegal in the air force, but is in the navy.

now, what all this has to do with the Blue Angels, who knows. I had heard a rumor that they liked married pilots, specifically to pre-empt shennanigans but that probably was just a rumor.

Latest resources

Back