Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fairly and evenly or not at all?

I've seen guys and
The military needs to enforce it fairly and evenly or not at all.

When have you seen anything enforced "fairly and evenly?" Hell, even in grade school rules were enforced "unfairly and unevenly."

michael707767,

I think that you fail to realize the differences between the services.

In the Navy, any officer/enlisted relationship that is 'unduly familiar' is deemed fraternization and is against the regs and a serious breech. Chain of command or not, same unit or not, etc.

shoot, in the Marine Corps, they have been known to go after people retroactively. As in, enlisted girl gets out of the military. Then, as a civilian, marries a marine officer. Said officer was then court martialed for violating the fraternization regulations. presumably the relationship started while she was still on active duty, the Marine Corps knew it and wasn't going to stand for that kind of crap (I'll get out then we're good).

I think that I wasn't the only Navy officer appalled at the whole deal surrounding that B-52 pilot a few years ago. The air force went after her for disobeying an order, but the Navy would have gone after her much earlier for dating enlisted personnel period. That isn't illegal in the air force, but is in the navy.

now, what all this has to do with the Blue Angels, who knows. I had heard a rumor that they liked married pilots, specifically to pre-empt shennanigans but that probably was just a rumor.

Allegedly - The female BUFF co-pilot was screwing the husband of a female enlisted troop. The enlisted troop wrote to the SECAF & said "I don't mind getting out at 3 AM at Minot in 20 degree below zero weather to load bombs on B-52's because that's my job and I signed up to do that - but is there anything you can do to keep one of your pilots from screwing my husband?"

ouch

If Lt Flynn had been male, screwing the wife of a male enlisted troop (especially after specific orders to stop) she would have done time. Because she was female the civillian leadership couldn't take the heat from the press and let her off. The CSAF, Gen Fogleman, soon resigned. Even the Air Force has standards.

flinn.jpg

Is she really flying for UPS? That would be hilarious!

I'm sorry for bringing that up. I only did it to illustrate the difference between the services when it comes to fraternization regulations and enforcement. i.e. if some air force guys think the navy overreacted in this blue angles case; it might be because our rules are different.

p.s. We've all made mistakes. She paid for hers. Let it rest.

Latest resources

Back