• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
http://us.cnn.com/2011/US/05/27/virginia.blue.angels/index.html?hpt=T2

The commander of the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels stepped down Friday in the wake of a subpar performance at a Virginia air show this week.

"I performed a maneuver that had an unacceptably low minimum altitude. This maneuver, combined with other instances of not meeting the airborne standard that makes the Blue Angels the exceptional organization that it is, led to my decision to step down," Cmdr. Dave Koss said in a statement, referring to the Lynchburg, Virginia, Regional Airshow.

He will be replaced by Capt. Greg McWherter, who was the flight demonstration team's previous commander.

Air shows have been in the spotlight recently because of concerns over safety.

A pilot performing stunts in an east Florida air show in March died in a fiery crash when the Russian military plane he was flying in broke formation and fell to the ground.

Also in March, engine trouble at an air show in Texas caused a plane to plummet, leaving a white trail behind as it dove toward a wooded area. The two stunt pilots onboard survived.

The Blue Angels have canceled performances at the Rockford, Illinois, Airfest June 4-5 and the Evansville, Indiana, Freedom Festival Air Show June 11-12 because of the shakeup in leadership.

Now if only our elected leaders could have such integrity and character.

100-1/2

Well, a certain former Blue Angel commander, who was a friend of mine, has ZERO integrity. He boned my wife while I was in training for the airlines. He has a wife, two kids, and was a higher rank then me. He has since moved on to the 1st CIVDIV, but I will never look upon the Blues the same way again, nor my wife.
Sorry, boozed up.

Well, a certain former Blue Angel commander, who was a friend of mine, has ZERO integrity. He boned my wife while I was in training for the airlines. He has a wife, two kids, and was a higher rank then me. He has since moved on to the 1st CIVDIV, but I will never look upon the Blues the same way again, nor my wife.
Sorry, boozed up.

.....still your wife?

Immerse yourself in 19th century literary works. It might help.

I'd reccommend "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Sorry, boozed up.

If true, I would tell his wife.

Sorry, boozed up.

It takes two, unfortunately.

Sorry, boozed up.

Was he the black one (just trying to narrow down)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back