• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blue Angel crash at airshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure he was confirming that fire/rescue was enroute and correctly going to the site.

I am not military, but it is my understanding when a "wingman" goes down, his partner (safety allowing) remains on scene till SAR responds and reacts. He was probably doing as trained.

That makes sense... Thanks for the response...

They were not implying a cause just stating facts. Read what was written again and I think you will see they are just mentioning that they do not wear G-suits and the reason why, not saying that is what caused the accident.
I read it again. And again. That paragraph is completely non-germane to the early facts and quite misleading to the layperson. John Q. Public reads that article and tells his buddy that the guy blacked out because he wasn't wearing a G-suit. Ever play the game "grapevine"?

Anyway, it's a bummer when any plane goes down, and it's especially a bummer when airshow planes go down.:(

I have yet to see any names released other bthan the same knucklehead saying the #6 jet went down. Could these obits for Davis be a bit premature?

I posted it on two websites; here and on airlinepilotcentral. That's it. Information based off of the Beaufort Gazette. http://www.beaufortgazette.com/breaking_news/story/6477991p-5769084c.html

Rather than spew hatred toward everything written on this matter, including the AP article (which most, including myself, think that you're reading WAY too much into the article), how about you honor the memory of a fallen comrade? If you can't honor his memory, at least remove your bitter fingers from the keyboard.

Tailwinds to the fallen Angel.

Guys I was there facing the site when they were rejoining saw the plane descend below the tree line but It was 2-3 miles from the end of the runway..

My friends and four of our children were 200 yards from the site on the road going home we had been stopped by police to allow other traffic to go ahead. and was at the main gate of of MCAS The emergency response was impressive.. #1 circled until a helicopter was on site.

Sad Sad day the media can say what they want but the emergency response, the timeline from incident to emer/sar on site was literally 1-2 mins .

Rather than spew hatred toward everything written on this matter,
Not everything, just the unnecessary, misleading info. Not hatred either, just displeasure. The memory of this man doesn't need to be tainted by irresponsible reporting. Also, the Knucklehead I was referring to was the original AP writer, not the original poster of this thread, but I can the understand his confusion.

Latest resources

Back