• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blue Angel crash at airshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe it would be a good idea for those of us with experience in fighters share some of the difficulties of trying to rejoin quickly, and understand that it's possible to mourn properly and ask, "How could this happen to a guy like that?"

A sobering reminder that it can happen to any of us.

The Van Halen music video for "Dreams" featured the blues flying A-4's, it was a sweet video.
I remember that Van Halen MTV video as well. I think the Navy did the Moody Blues version as a recruiting video. I'd love to have a copy of either one, though.

I got to meet Kevin at the SF Fleet week the year he was selected. He was so excited and "Glad to be here". He was the Professional that all have described him as. It was a plaesure to be in his and the other selectees presence. My own passion for flying was fostered by the Blues when they were still flying the dirty jets..But the F4 put on a outrageous show...and got me hook,line and sinker...My Thanks to all the blues before and all the current and to all he blues to come for giving the world a glimpse of the flying we all enjoy!
LtCmdr Kevin Davis, God Speed and We will MEET again

Cowboy

The Van Halen music video for "Dreams" featured the blues flying A-4's, it was a sweet video.

Agreed, very cool. It would be even cooler if they could re-release the video with all F-18 footage as a tribute to him. Or better yet, all archived footage of every plane flown by the Blue Angels, including Fat Albert. It would be a a great way to honor the guys that lost their lives being on the demo team.

THRESHOLD, Blue Angels Experience (F-4) is my favorite flick. Saw this team as a 15 year old and went on to fly the Phantom. Great footage. 4 guys in the film were later lost in accidents or combat. Still available from a Seattle firm.

Last edited:
THRESHOLD, Blue Angels Experience (F-4) is my favorite flick. Saw this team as a 15 year old and went on to fly the Phantom. Great footage. 4 guys in the film were later lost in accidents or combat.

Agreed! Great flick!

Two classic scenes: Fencing with the KC-130 basket over the Pacific (been there...done that), and the Slot pilot telling the Boss how low they were on a pullout.

Agreed, very cool. It would be even cooler if they could re-release the video with all F-18 footage as a tribute to him. Or better yet, all archived footage of every plane flown by the Blue Angels, including Fat Albert. It would be a a great way to honor the guys that lost their lives being on the demo team.

Here you go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbVcsr8RxZI

I was really struck by the credits on Threshold. So many of the team members later were killed in "normal" ops.

That really points out the risks encountered by military pilots (particularly carrier types) every day. TC

Latest resources

Back