Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloomberg raises the stakes, possible SKYW Q400 announcement coming?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's still 3 more hours in the airshow left; however, JA has mentioned on multiple occasions that he wants to get OUT of the turboprop business.

There's still 3 more hours in the airshow left; however, JA has mentioned on multiple occasions that he wants to get OUT of the turboprop business.

Yep and that is one of many negotiating positions to take to get the price loooooower.

I bet SkyWest orders some more CRJ's. To be dilevered within the next 5 years before the MRJ's. Delta still wants out if te 200's and will have to do a 2-1 swap.. I think the MRJ's are future thinking for UA or US flying..

Turboprop orders are two times that of rj orders. No one wants to make the big leap into the past but I think the one that does will hit it big in the future with fuel getting more expensive and the majors bailing on the rjs.

The question is what do pax hate more, long legs on rjs or short legs on props to cities that otherwise wouldn't be served.

But again the big question might be, who will fly them? All airliners (even props) may have to be operated by ml as entry level airplanes because who will want to go to the regionals when you can go straight the majors.

The question is what do pax hate more, long legs on rjs

OR on turboprops doing long legs like Q400's that CAL tried a while ago.

or short legs on props to cities that otherwise wouldn't be served.

Or certain short legs/markets that could be served by a jet but would have the crap weight restricted out of them, causing denied boardings, etc.

Latest resources

Back