• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloch Interpertation and 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all XJ pilots, sorry 9E was too arrogant and didn't go for DOH.

What Hunter and his boys did, he did with the best information he chose to make available to himself and did what he thought was best for his pilots. Unfortunately the man wasn't equal to the task. Myself, I hope he lays awake at night regretting it and maybe he'll learn some humility.

Wasn't all 9E fault, which is why I'm writing this. When everyone reads the mea culpa above please remember this was a few appointed people at 9E, not 9E as a group.

One for all and all for one and all that crap.

yeah I was pissed at our union guys (XJ) for playing hard ball about the actual DOH and when Pinnacle decided to call your first day of employment. I thought that if that was given and not fought over, there might have been something to work with.

What Hunter and his boys did, he did with the best information he chose to make available to himself and did what he thought was best for his pilots. Unfortunately the man wasn't equal to the task. Myself, I hope he lays awake at night regretting it and maybe he'll learn some humility.

Wasn't all 9E fault, which is why I'm writing this. When everyone reads the mea culpa above please remember this was a few appointed people at 9E, not 9E as a group.

One for all and all for one and all that crap.
Agreed, but how does one arrive at "did what he thought was best for his pilots." Personally, I think it's common sense. If you represent a group of people, and it's time to decide on a certain matter, then that matter should be sent out to vote by the people group! What would have been wrong with that? This way, he would have gone into negotiations with a clear picture of what the pilot group wants. It's hard to imagine him fighting for anyone except the senior side considering how staunchly against DOH they were. Instead, they were never interested in what the pilot group thought or wanted. Any dissent (aka, opinions) about how the SLI should go was quickly deleted at their request.

Agreed, but how does one arrive at "did what he thought was best for his pilots." Personally, I think it's common sense. If you represent a group of people, and it's time to decide on a certain matter, then that matter should be sent out to vote by the people group! What would have been wrong with that? This way, he would have gone into negotiations with a clear picture of what the pilot group wants. It's hard to imagine him fighting for anyone except the senior side considering how staunchly against DOH they were. Instead, they were never interested in what the pilot group thought or wanted. Any dissent (aka, opinions) about how the SLI should go was quickly deleted at their request.

Common sense isn't common. I can't begin to get into Hunter's head on that but it is reasonable to assume Hunter had reasons that made sense to him and that he felt were fair. If he had more brains in his head he could have listened to all sides and changed his mind as he went along, but from second hand stories and you have the evidence in details of the Bloch award, he just couldn't find the way to get his own head out of his own butt.

However, I don't see Colgan ever taken DOH. It seems like even if Pinnacle merger and XJ Merger agreed Colgan would still be pushing for something more relative. Obviously you had to protect some career expectations for the Colgan captains, no one was able to forecast the entire fleet being parked as a result of BK, so maybe the Bloch award was fate?

Anyway, forget Hunter and forget Bloch. I say "forget" instead of another F word. This is what we got. This is what we have to work with.

Yep..we have to work with this turd sandwich...so what's up with the 900 in HOU? Heard some pretty bad deets about how it happened....and if it's true the punishment will be completely understandable...on the bright side maybe we can consider this a door to door delivery for XJT.

Latest resources

Back