• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

blind pilot

13579ms

Total Time
I have 20/200 is their any chance of getting a waiver or do I have to get PRK. I'd like to do Navy or AF. How long is the probationary period for PRK once you get it?

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
Total Time
Low!
check out the post titled "Want Info. USNavy/USAF Active Duty" in the Military forum and you may find some info that can help you...

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Seriously doubt if you can get a waiver for 20/200. Too many other well-qualified applicants out there with 20/20.

RichO

Total Time
enough
I don't know what the absolute max is for the vision requirements, but check out www.baseops.net they have a listing of all the Guard/Reserve units out there looking. And trust me, there are plenty of slots out there if you don't mind flying slow......retention is becoming a HUGE problem....so, if you get a guard/reserve unit to sponsor you there just may be a waiver for you....it's worth a shot....