• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Blimp Pay?

Captain Happy

Total Time
+4500
Afternoon..

Anyone out here know what the pay is for Blimp pilots? IE Budweiser, OutBack Steak House, Goodyear etc...

Any info would help. Thanks.
Captain Happy

regionalcap

Total Time
Saw this on another thread......

I had talked with a Blimp operator a few years back and they told me the pay was $24k during the training. Once you got the training done the pay jumped up to about $30k. Once you had logged 250 hours (supervised blimping) the pay jumped up to about $38k.
The only downside to the job offer was being on the road for 51 weeks a year.
I was supposed to go to Orlando for an interview but I took a fixed wing job.

Captain Happy

Total Time
+4500
Just curious, Who was the operator you would have worked for? I was told once by a Budweiser pilot that he was making 83k and that was back in '98. The capt was making around 140k.

regionalcap

Total Time
Saw this on another website too....sounds like they are never home.

The exact pay a BLIMP PILOT can earn will vary from company to company. An average annual starting salary can be around $25,000 and an experienced BLIMP PILOT can earn around $60,000 a year. Along with the annual salary, the employer will also pay for the pilot’s travel and living expenses while on the road.