Bleed Air Shutoff synonym

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

I am studying a new type and it has a Bleed Air Shutoff just below the glareshield. (type withheld for privacy reasons) ;)
Anyway, reading the manuals of course it goes into great detail about what it is and how to use/misuse it. It sounds just like what I have always learned as a Firewall Shutoff Valve electric switch. I just wondered about the history of the nomenclature... or is there a specific difference between the BAS and the FWS?
Its a PT6.
It closes off way more than just the bleed air, why do they call it bleed air shutoff if it shuts off the fuel, electrical, hydraulic, air etc etc.?
Thanks.
Plain nasty replies will be filed for future reference!

LOL!

Schooled. :beer:

It sounds like just a normal fire handle/button function if it does all the usual stuff (bleed air, fuel, generator, fire bottle, etc). Maybe it's referred to as a Bleed Air Shutoff since some PT-6 applications don't use bleed air? I flew a PT-6 a long time ago, but I can't remember what the button was officially called.

forgive me, i have had a few cold ones tonite
the switch is a bleed air shutoff and it says it cuts off fuel, elec, bleed air, etc? havent heard of that before. hope someone has the answer because i am curious.
jb

sometimes you want to shut off the bleed air but not shut the engine down, right? like if the conditioning unit for the air fails, but there is no risk of engine fire; well, you don't want your pax to burn up but you want to keep flying. or am i thinking the worng thing here?

Latest resources

Back