Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

resqav8r

livin' the dream
There's been a bunch of activity in larger corps buying these well known outfits because profit potential is on the upswing given GWT. As a very high time SpecOps Helo driver in theater at OEF I wonder why I still do this for low pay when I have over 20 years in already. Anyone know how to crack this nut. I have friends that do or have worked for these guys as operators, but know of no pilots. Anyone have an idea how to crack this nut (OIF/OEF/Columbia/Hondo). I know salaries are individually negotiated, but first you have to get to that step. I'm a IP/MTP at my unit and the day after I emailed blackwater in response to a announcement the site was blocked and no response ever made it passed the email nazi's in comm. I've flown H269/H300/H500 OH58 UH1H AH64 & MH60 .. lot's of NVG and +4k helo hrs. I'm sure I have the skills they seek, but wonder if they're turned off by the idea of having to significantly top my existing salary. Any ideas? Any one willing to share their experience with the private military corporations?

I won't say don't waste your time but most of these operators are a close knit group and the cronyism is rampant. It doesn't matter whether you are God's gift to aviation, to them you are a mere mortal. Depending on the contract your 20 years experience pales to the money you can make on some of these operation.

NETWORKING is the key you probably know someone in one of the places just track them down

thanks for the info, confirms what I know. We've been too busy with GWT to track down old friends I've lost touch with, but I think I'll take that advice once I'm back stateside.

Does anyone have info on Blackwater?

My buddy just got back from afganistan and he wants to fly for them.

I called the # on website the girl that answered said she would email me but never did.

I just want to know pay, mins, and how hard it is to get a job.

Sounds like the guys that fly for them have some major balls, i dont think im cut out for it, but i would just like to know.

WSCOD .. not surprised by your buddies experience.
These firms rarely have announcements, they get people via recommendations from pilots already flying for them. Once they had an announcement out (I think the min hrs was like 3000 helo, in combat within previous 12 months, etc) and I sent a resume via my work email. They never replied (not even a thanks, but no thanks) ... they literally never replied and I met 120% of what they where looking for in the announcement. Hence my thought that this is a tough nut to crack. As for the risk, well that depends on perspective and training. By the time one gets the experience they are looking for the risk is pretty well mitigated. NOt to say it's safe, but then again what is. I wish your buddy luck, but I wouldn't expect too much from PMCs.

Latest resources

Back