• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blackwater Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're talking about Blackwater Security, I have a friend who works for them. He does month on--month off tours. He's been to Bagdad a couple times and was friends with the americans who were burned and dragged around Fallujah (they were employed by Blackwater). My friend is not a pilot, but he said they will likely be hiring pilots soon. The pay is good, he makes over 25,000/month (yes I said per month). But the risks of working in that part of the world,..... well you see that in the news everyday. Im not interested, but if anyone else is the website link is

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/aviation/employment.html

It says they are currently not hiring pilots, but you can keep checking.

I don't get how they pay these guys so much when the military puts their lives at stake also for a lot less money. That's a different discussion though.

Yea, that's the place. Their new division is called Blackwater Aviation(the link you posted). I know guys working for the ground units, but looking for somebody working for the aviation unit.

deadstick said:
I heard the same thing about future hiring. Stay tuned...and the pay was about the same.
'

Good to hear. You applying for an RW position? I'd love to fly both FW and RW for them, but I do not meet the requirements for RW alone. I do, by far, exceed their FW requirements - so maybe they will give me a break on the RW requirements.

Blackwater

Blackwater purchased a small company in Flordia who mainly operates the CASA 212. Most of the flying is done the military freefall school, either in Yuma, or on the east coast. Recently they sent 1 CASA to Bagdad. Have to freinds over there now.
Thats about all I know

Are they paying that kind of money to fly the 212?
Maybe the Bagdad crews only?
Just curious

Wow that's some $$

They must have bought STI out of Melbourne, FL

They were the ones who used to do the Yuma flying. I knew a guy that was their MX director. Also, one of their training Captains.

Very Interesting.

Yes, Blackwater Security bought STI, which is now known as Blackwater Aviation. They are operating a fleet of CASA 212's and various type of helicopters. I would like to get into the RW side. They just sent 3 brand spankin new MD500's over to Iraq. I seriously doubt they pay the great money for the domestic assignments - only for the ones overseas.

I would think they are looking for RW pilots with Military ground support aviation experience (USA or USMC).
MD500 is the bird of choice for the USA's 160th SOAR (Spec OPs Av Regiment).

Bagdad is not the kind of enviornment for a pilot with no combat skills.

If you don't have a "been there done that patch" I wouldn't waste your time.

Latest resources

Back