Blacklist

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
767200 said:
Nobody cares until is their own problem....

Yep you're right.. I don't condone what they (scabs) have done, but trying to fool yourself in to thinking it's this huge career ending sin is well, childish and stupid. Unionized airlines everywhere have scabs on their list (i.e. UPS, Continental, etc...) All of the scabs that have made disasters of their careers were most likely doomed to failure for other reasons anyway.

And someone referred to my experience with the United Capt. and referred to the Comair strike. The Comair strike and those scabs happened AFTER this experience...

I doubt any pilot on here who actually went through a real strike is throwing around the "scab" word when referring to GJ. They truly know the meaning of the word. TranStates isn't even in contract negotiations, as Mesa was when freedom was created. GJ is being created to fly 70 seaters for United because American scope won't allow TSA to fly those aircraft if they expect to continue feeding American. You people know that, and if you don't, now you do!! You vocal TSA pilots are a joke! I had friends at Eagle who were on furlough while Eagle aircraft were being transferred to TSA in the year following 9-11. I am not aware of any of you loudmouths refusing to fly those aircraft as you should have done. Hel l, you welcomed the growth. If GJ pilots were to accept flying TSA routes during a TSA strike, then and only then can you call them scabs and make your list.

And for that matter, what should the mainline pilots who are out of work think about all you RJ pilots flying routes once done by them in a 727,737,DC9,MD80 ETC. Lets face it, it all sux. Lets just move on and make the career the best we can.

Last edited:
If management is only trying to fly 70-seaters, then why don't they have just one senority list for TSA/GJ pilots? It's cheaper to hire a bunch of new guys that are all at the bottom of the payscale.

Lets just move on and make the career the best we can.

While we can just move on, it will not help to make the career the best we can. As pilots, we all understand the concept of accountability. There are consequences, good and bad, to our decisions. Some scabs and scab-like folks are to short-sighted to see the damage they create to all of us. While I cannot seem to explain to these people the damage they are causing, I can gain a little retribution through making them suffer in their commute. While they slump over awkwardly in an airport chair, awaiting the next flight home (hopefully tomorrow, and oversold), and after trying to explain to their loved ones why they are not coming home tonight, perhaps they can reflect upon their transgressions upon their peers.

Mookie said:
H25B,

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago on a United flight. At the time, I was offended, but after realizing the damage that the scabs did to united/eastern/continental it was probably a good lesson that I learned in kind of a back handed way to NEVER SCAB. I have a lot more respect for someone who remembers this stuff, than someone who thinks what these freedom/gj's are doing is ok. (The only time I have ever been denied a jumpseat, it was by a Freedom guy from MRY-PHX during Freedom A). Fortunately we don't have to worry about denying *************************s jumpseats....they are not on our approved list, and hence won't even make it to the airplane.

respectfully disagreeing,
Mookie

Ok, did I miss something...why does GauxJets get edited??? it is the name of their company.....

Do you work for an ALPA carrier? Last I checked Freedom pilots were ALPA. I guess all is forgiven and forgotten.

pipejockey said:
And for that matter, what should the mainline pilots who are out of work think about all you RJ pilots flying routes once done by them in a 727,737,DC9,MD80 ETC.

kick themselves for having "BJS"(big jet syndrome) if RJ's would have been on mainline they would not be out of work.

captain overs said:
Do you work for an ALPA carrier? Last I checked Freedom pilots were ALPA. I guess all is forgiven and forgotten.
of course they are ALPA, Alpa will sell it's collective soul so get any airline as a member, look no further than the scabs they not only forgave from continental but allowed them to become union officals just to get them under Alpa. Could you imagine what they would do to get American back.

Latest resources

Back