• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bird Takes Out F14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, it was a CT-155 Hawk in Canada back in '04.
Pretty interesting video, though. That'd ruin your whole day.

BigBoys and M90.org take up a little bit of my time every day. :)

Brett Hull said:

That's hilarious. Reminds me of the movie...I don't recall the name....but they put a guy that's passed out behind the wheel, and the ground is covered in ice. They get guys on the outside to spin the car around, and all start screaming to wake him up. Of course....it takes a second to realize he's the one "driving".... :D

FracCapt said:
That's hilarious. Reminds me of the movie...I don't recall the name....but they put a guy that's passed out behind the wheel, and the ground is covered in ice. They get guys on the outside to spin the car around, and all start screaming to wake him up. Of course....it takes a second to realize he's the one "driving".... :D

Out Cold.

A better trick is if you have someone sleeping, pull behind one of those semi's that tows other semis, the one being tower will be facing backwards, so when you start screaming, the person wakes up and sees the grill of a semi right in front of them.

FracCapt said:
Definitely not a Tomcat. You can see the airspeed at the upper left...they're doing about 240KIAS when they hit the bird...then pitch up to trade airspeed for altitude until in the 120-130KIAS range...then pitch down for glide, and end up ejecting. It's a single engine.

Having, obviously, never flown an F14 (only in my dreams ;)) I was only repeating the title offered by the website. Still interesting to watch.

2000Flyer

Latest resources

Back