"binding and effective immediately"

BID

Total Time
So the seniority integration process is now complete. The ruling is, "binding and effective immediately". So what the heck happened at US Airways and America West? Was that not also a result of arbitration?

I am also curious if there are any involuntary furloughs at NWA? If so, what will happen to them?

It sounds like Delta learned a lot of what, not to do from the US Airways and AWA merger.

T2Bus

Aircooled By T2
Total Time
Much
Actually, the arbitration is Final and Binding, it's just the pilots in the East didn't like what they got and decided to try a different approach to get what they want. Judge Wake will have something to say about that.

Also, The Delta and NWA guys are 1000% more professional than the USAir pilots who supported USAPA.

TWA Dude

Total Time
9999+
The lesson DL/NW learned from USAir was to complete a joint contract prior to the arbitration.

T2Bus

Aircooled By T2
Total Time
Much
Hey TWA Dude...you are 100% correct. Our CEOs were too busy filling their pockets to worry about that.

By the way, I love the Dog. That's really cool. I have 7 English Setters, I might get one to take a picture like that.

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
NWA guys got screwed by not getting DOH. They should quit ALPA and form NWAPA and demand DOH.

captairbusbb

Total Time
NWA guys got screwed by not getting DOH. They should quit ALPA and form NWAPA and demand DOH.

Hey Brown..........be careful what you wish for. Look at the toxic stew LCC turned in to when ****************************** was voted in.

Be scared...........Be very, very, scared!!

Captbb

captairbusbb

Total Time
Hey Brown..........be careful what you wish for. Look at the toxic stew LCC turned in to when ****************************** was voted in.

Be scared...........Be very, very, scared!!

Captbb

OOOOPS........looks like the moderator didn't like my choice of words for the new association who claims to represent ALL USair pilots.

reepicheep

Total Time
The lesson DL/NW learned from USAir was to complete a joint contract prior to the arbitration.
And don't merge an airline that's still hiring pilots with an airline 30 days from liquidation with a third of its pilots furloughed.

Orionpilot

Total Time
8000+
And don't merge an airline that's still hiring pilots with an airline 30 days from liquidation with a third of its pilots furloughed.

And if you still decide to mrege despite warnings from industry analysts, fellow employees, and anyone else with common sense, immediately change the name of said airline and fire senior/midlevel management associated with said airline.

whymeworry?

Total Time
12000+
OOOOPS........looks like the moderator didn't like my choice of words for the new association who claims to represent ALL USair pilots.

Yeah, he won't let me call a scab a scab either. I got a warning in my inbox about it. PC runs thick here on flightinfo.com.

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
Total Time
Yeah, he won't let me call a scab a scab either. I got a warning in my inbox about it. PC runs thick here on flightinfo.com.
Likely because you're attempting to apply that term to someone who never crossed a picket line. A sense of history would do you some good.

captairbusbb

Total Time
Likely because you're attempting to apply that term to someone who never crossed a picket line. A sense of history would do you some good.
Perhaps your definition is correct. However, when you vote in an association whose only purpose is to overthrow a FINAL AND BINDING agreement, agreed to by both sides, and attempt to re-write CB&L's to benefit the opposing side to throw the other side under the bus, well, you have an undeniable argument as to what a covering from a bleeding wound is.

Maybe a sense of history will find you some good.

Captairbusbb