• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bill Proposes Ending Free Weather Data

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure, why not? Before too long we'll be direct-billed for everything in this business, regardless of whether they already receive our tax dollars or not.

"Thank you for calling Millville Automated Flight Service Station. For service please enter your 16-digit credit card number followed by the pound sign."

Pilot: "Super Bugsmasher 123SH, clearance to BFE with tango."
ATC: "Roger, clearance on request. I'll just need the last four of your SSN and your mother's maiden name for billing puposes."

It's all a bunch of crap but it will eventually come. :mad:

Hahaha

"LAX Tower, Night Freight 234 holding short, ready for dep."

"234, do you have your pin number and transaction number?"

"Err umm ..."

"234, to the penalty box and hold!!!"

I think a direct fee would be great for screening though. Imagine handing that guy wanding you a Lincoln every time you pass through security!

I wrote my senators regarding this subject a day or two ago. I haven't received a reply yet. If it's anything other than the typical "canned" political response, I'll let you know.

James

PS - For the record, I wrote them expressing my displeasure with this proposal.

FlyinFife said:
If it's anything other than the typical "canned" political response, I'll let you know.
Noble effort, but you won't be posting a response. As a former intern for a U.S. Congressman, I used to pen replies to letters like yours.

urflyingme?! said:
I think a direct fee would be great for screening though. Imagine handing that guy wanding you a Lincoln every time you pass through security!

That's how it already is, though! $5 per round-trip embarkment goes straight to the TSA off of all airline tickets. Its usually a separate item in the list of taxes.

FL000 said:
Noble effort, but you won't be posting a response. As a former intern for a U.S. Congressman, I used to pen replies to letters like yours.

Yeah, I know but I've got to make at least a half-a$$ed attempt to do my civic duty. I think I'd get more accomplished by putting my AOPA dues to good use and complain via that route.

It's all about money, and unfortunately...I don't have any! lol

Latest resources

Back