• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big trouble for State Farm!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Put me in the "no" category. We've been with SF for 18 years. We have had a lot of high winds from TRW's. I'm not a roofing expert so we called to turn in a claim to see what the damage was. The damage wasn't much above the deductable so we paid ourselves. This happened a couple more times (including once with water damage).

Last year, we get a call from our agent. He says we're turning in too many claims. I said yeah, but you didn't pay out anything. That doesn't matter. The bean counters figured we were trying to scam them.

Oh yeah, three years ago our homeowner's premiums doubled. I expect them to double again to make up for the hurricane damage.

We're switching to someone--anyone.TC

Expertise Wanted?

The three cheapest auto insurance companies depending where you live are:

• AutoOwners
  • Mercury
  • Safeco
Geco is overblown....er I mean overbluen.

:pimp:,CPCU

Last edited:
boxjockey said:
Ive had State Farm for 10 years, and have never had anything but great service. I have filed three claims during that time, and all were paid in a timely fashion, no questions asked. I compared with a couple others a few years back, and Geico was more than double what I currently pay. I guess it's just apples and oranges.

box
Ditto. Had them for 22 years. Great service. Must note - that's AUTO. Housing I have USAA. My parents and others who were affected by Katrina aren't happy with SF Homeowners insurance right now...although everyone in MS that is having problems is having it with Allstate.

I just switched to Farmer's from Allstate- had been with Allstate a few years and even had to make a claim on our house in Illinois after a severe thunderstorm left us with about $8,500 worth of hail damage to our roof and the siding. They treated us fair on making the claim relative to all of my neighbors who recieved the same damage from the storm but had different insurance companies. I felt that we recieved a better payout.

However by switching to Farmers recently for Homeowners insurance, 2 vehicles, and one motorcycle we are saving $1,200 per year over Allstate. As someone posted already- I think that Allstate is trying to make up for billions in payouts from the Hurricanes by increasing their rates and passing the higher bills to the customer- sad really.

Formula1 said:
I just switched to Farmer's from Allstate- had been with Allstate a few years and even had to make a claim on our house in Illinois after a severe thunderstorm left us with about $8,500 worth of hail damage to our roof and the siding. They treated us fair on making the claim relative to all of my neighbors who recieved the same damage from the storm but had different insurance companies. I felt that we recieved a better payout.

However by switching to Farmers recently for Homeowners insurance, 2 vehicles, and one motorcycle we are saving $1,200 per year over Allstate. As someone posted already- I think that Allstate is trying to make up for billions in payouts from the Hurricanes by increasing their rates and passing the higher bills to the customer- sad really.

Insurance companies are in the business to make money. If losses mount up then the Insurance company will increase rates to whatever the market will bear.

I just wish airline management could grasp such a concept.

Anyone tried getting insurance through AAA?? Surprisingly, I've had great luck getting the lowest rates with them.

Latest resources

Back