Big Sky????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Trader J

I have been searching on here but havent come across a lot of information. Whats the good and bad about these guys? I am interested in flying the 1900 for personal reasons. So is this a descently stable company? What about work rules? Growth? Upgrade? I know they are hiring street captains but I am still a little short on tt. Also does anyone know how senior FLL is? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!

Decent work rules. Trip rig, duty rig, displacement. Stuff that most 1900 operators dont have. Growth at this point seems steady. FLL is closed. Chalk's couldn't keep up their payments.

any big sky pilots

Any Big Sky pilot out there? Please PM me or leave your phone #. I am a Air Midwest pilot and I have a couple of Q's and I am hearing a couple of ggod rumors. Thank you!

From what I hear, Big sky pilots are the last to know anything. If you want info on Big Sky you have to search the internet for press releases. Not from Big Sky, but from local papers.
Adios
S

Any rumor that includes anything other than a 19 seat aircraft is just that...someone's wishful thinking. The BigSky pilots are scoped to 19 seats or less per the Mesaba Pilots contract with MAIR. MAIR is currently in Texas court to get the letter thrown out, but I wouldn't expect it as a Judge has already ruled that is can't be thrown out. Just another last ditch effort by MAIR.

If Big Sky owns it, MAIR owns it, and if MAIR owns it, MAIR signed a contract saying Mesaba pilots will fly anything over 19 seats. And, any airline that Big Sky buys is bought with money that came from Mesaba.

How commutable are the Big Sky lines?

Latest resources

Back