• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetlag

Is the BOS base open yet?

If not, when?

What's the QOL, RESERVE ETC.?

I live in ALB and want to know what the commute would be like.

What base would you most likely get out of training?

Any other info appreciated.

Is the BIOS base open yet?

If not, when?

What's the COL, RESERVE ETC.?

I live in ALB and want to know what the commute would be like.

What base would you most likely get out of training?

Any other info appreciated.

I've got several friends there...
Boston is open and from what I hear the loads are looking really good. QOL/pay is good for a 1900 operator (just check airlinepilotcentral). I believe the future lines aren't very commutable; nevertheless, I know one guy that commutes to Boston from Denver. No big complaints from him so far. I believe the Cincinatti hub opens up soon as well. I'm kind of wondering if they'll be getting more aircraft soon. Seems like a lot of expansion with 10 aircraft. As I understand it 8 of them are to be Boston based.

Good place to get some hands on flying time in some wild northeast weather conditions.

Good luck,

g

Last edited:
If you want to commute from ALB, I recomend you go to XJT. FO pay is more than bsky CA pay and EWR is junior on the CO side.
I will second dat! PIC is good but not worth wasting a year or two of your life at Big Sky, when you could be making the same $ at a regional.

Oh wow, PIC is gold! I'm hungry for it. ...and a regional is still a $hitty place to be. I'd rather know I'm in a $hitty commuter than to try to talk myself into thinking I have it good at a $hitty regional. ;)

Close to upgrade after less than a year, I finally got over the shiny jet syndrome, and if I go though my career without sitting down at the pointy end of an RJ/ERJ, I'll be happy. ...much rather have the motivation to move on fast and wait it out for my dream job at a real national or major, even if it is Spirit, AirTran, or NA - at least I'll know my flying is not dependant on my airline's relationship with a legacy carrier.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh wow, PIC is gold! I'm hungry for it. ...and a regional is still a $hitty place to be. I'd rather know I'm in a $hitty commuter than to try to talk myself into thinking I have it good at a $hitty regional. ;)

Close to upgrade after less than a year, I finally got over the shiny jet syndrome, and if I go though my career without sitting down at the pointy end of an RJ/ERJ, I'll be happy. ...much rather have the motivation to move on fast and wait it out for my dream job at a real national or major, even if it is Spirit, AirTran, or NA - at least I'll know my flying is not dependant on my airline's relationship with a legacy carrier.

Just my 2 cents.

Could this be? Someone who is thinking AHEAD?

Turbine PIC time is king of the world folks. Beech to RJ it makes no difference. It's all about the time and who you know.

You flying for Big Sky? Shoot me a pm.

What are upgrade times like there?

How about realistic hiring mins?

Heard BigSky on freq over Peoria, Illinois last week.

Big Sky flies to MDW from SPI and I think Eau Claire, Wisc. The SPI flights are what you would hear over Peoria.

PIC turbine is a big deal but 1900 PIC isn't what it used to be.. companies frowning on the lack of FMS, Glass, Automation, etc..

I'm split right now, I can upgrade on the 1900 or go to one of the "good" regionals. I literally change my mind every 6 seconds.

cale

What is their upgrade?

Latest resources

Back