Big Sky Life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flagshipper

Hey I am out of job and have been flying a turboprop 135 for a while. Got a call to interview at Big Sky as street captain. Just wondering what the schedules are like and what bases one can expect. Are all the new captains going to BOS, SPI or Florida? I know this place has its shortcomings so spare me but believe it or not I would be making the same money so I am just wondering about QOL issues like benefits and such. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey I am out of job and have been flying a turboprop 135 for a while. Got a call to interview at Big Sky as street captain. Just wondering what the schedules are like and what bases one can expect. Are all the new captains going to BOS, SPI or Florida? I know this place has its shortcomings so spare me but believe it or not I would be making the same money so I am just wondering about QOL issues like benefits and such. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, if anything, you'd get sarcastic remarks from our very intelligent and helpful pilot community. Like the reply above.

Sorry I can't help but wish I could. But, then again, I am sure the good 10% or any of them haven't yet read your request and when they do, they will sure give you good input. Good Luck with the interview and welcome to part 121 flying.

Personally, I believe, that any place has it's ups and downs and you would do well in any part 121 flying...make the best of it...and move on to the majors or better paying 121 flying job...otherwise you'd become one of those (there are 100s and 100s of those on this web site) who are 'stuck' with regionals...and show their disgust and own failure in life with their 'smart' remarks.

Good Luck!

you will work 22 days a month, at least i did when i was there. Hard flying in bad cold weather all day with long sits between legs. 13 hour days are not uncommon. Most of the FOs have very little experience, so good luck. I guess thats why they're hiring street captains.

Good Luck with the interview and welcome to part 121 flying.

Personally, I believe, that any place has it's ups and downs and you would do well in any part 121 flying...make the best of it...and move on to the majors or better paying 121 flying job...otherwise you'd become one of those (there are 100s and 100s of those on this web site) who are 'stuck' with regionals...and show their disgust and own failure in life with their 'smart' remarks.

Good Luck!

His name is "flagshipper".

Flagship is the callsign for Pinnacle Airlines, dba Northwest Airlink.

Pinnacle flies CRJ-200s...and therefore ARE a 121 operation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back