Big Sky Airlines and their BE-1900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Has Big Sky Airlines started flying those Beech 1900s? I thought I might have seen one in Denver the other day? Maybe it was a GLA B-1900. Anyone know? Are they more fun to fly than the SWMs? Just curious.

Bye Bye--General Lee

have fun flying the ole AMW birds. those a/c have been flown for 80,000+ hrs w/in 5kts of barber pole and are used to it. please don't disrespect them by flying at "gulfstream" speeds (ie 180kt cruise).

Big Sky's web site says their current total fleet is only 10 a/c. Are they getting more with the complete switch to the 1900 in Oct?

CitationLover said:
have fun flying the ole AMW birds. those a/c have been flown for 80,000+ hrs w/in 5kts of barber pole and are used to it. please don't disrespect them by flying at "gulfstream" speeds (ie 180kt cruise).

Torque out or temp out, and barber pole all the time. Except in moderate or greater turbulence. Then I guess 210 is ok.

The best is seeing a newer FO get nervous when you're at the barber pole at 2000 ALG. You say "horn please", set 500 lbs torque, and it all gets done.

Fun damn airplane to fly. I'm going to miss it.

On a related note, anyone have anything new to say about Big Sky?

current QOL, schedule, etc.. not 2 years ago but under the current management.

Latest resources

Back