• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big News from Flight Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but consider your source. Bad news from negative people, good news from positive people... take your pick.

I do consider the source. The fact is that Options is in trouble, believe it or don't. If I can see it from standing around looking at the body language of the crews, you should be able to see it from your position of knowledge. Can it be turned around with some shiney new, unproven jets from South America, NO.

Here is a fact that you or mangement at Options may not understand, but other places have grasped. The pilots are the front line in the fractional world. They are the face of the company, if they think they are getting screwed they will have a hard time putting on a happy face for the owners. The owners pick up on this, these people are far from stupid, and start to look for other options.

Bottom line, jets aren't the answer, a contract maybe is. The crews are also fleeing that place at a high rate. None of this is good news.

Someone might want to bring up the fact that these companies do not own these aircraft themselves. They sell them and to sell them, one has to have a product that makes sense under the fractional plan. They obviously feel the Phenom is going to be a marketable aircraft in its class and something they can remarket to the customer. Pilots are only needed if we are successful in this part of the model. Jets are the answer RNO, for if the program is successful, pilot opportunites follow, they do not lead.

Someone might want to bring up the fact that these companies do not own these aircraft themselves. They sell them and to sell them, one has to have a product that makes sense under the fractional plan. They obviously feel the Phenom is going to be a marketable aircraft in its class and something they can remarket to the customer. Pilots are only needed if we are successful in this part of the model. Jets are the answer RNO, for if the program is successful, pilot opportunites follow, they do not lead.

Wow, so I guess the jets fly themselves, that is something new in my world!!! If the people flying the jets aren't happy it doesn't matter.

My point is that the place may not be around long enough to take the silly jets, if things continue on the path they are on. In this case with the pilot opportunites following you are wrong. NO one and I mean NO one, in their right mind is going to buy a jet from a place with the labor issues that Options has. These jets have limited support network in the states and the manufacture has no track record in corporate aircraft. You may think a jet is going to solve all of Options issues, I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:
NO one and I mean NO one, in their right mind is going to buy a jet from a place with the labor issues that Options has.
Do you mean NO ONE? Isn't that from a movie? LOL. Then who has been buying the shares the past two years?

Do you mean NO ONE? Isn't that from a movie? LOL. Then who has been buying the shares the past two years?

Jon Juan, I have said this to you before, but it needs to be repeated. Stick to stuff you know about. If you think Options is growing, you have another thing coming.

RNO, I don't know many people in the business who doubt Embraer ability to bring a good product to the marketplace. The Legacy seems to be doing fine. Pilots always get their underwear in a uproar if anyone implies that they are somehow not necessary to the equation. Of couse they are an element but as the airlines prove daily, good pilots, bad pilots, good contract, bad contract, if you do not figure out the market and how to serve it effectively, losses will soon follow. The Fractional business starts with having something to sell fractions in. It is sort of essential to the whole game plan. No plane, no fractions, no customers, no pilots is sort of how it works...

Jon Juan, I have said this to you before, but it needs to be repeated. Stick to stuff you know about. If you think Options is growing, you have another thing coming.
Never said they were growing. They are shrinking indeed. Just disputing your contention that people won't buy planes from flops with their current labor issues. All I hear about from people who know nothing of the labor issues is that the place is succeeding in its turn around plan with HIG and now the new order for the fenom 300.
Are they shrinking? yes. Are they selling planes? Yes. Will they sell 10 300s a year. Very doubtful. They can buy 10, but they still have to re-sell them. I doubt HIG will like 5 new planes sitting on property, unsold in a hangar.
I do enjoy the "No one and I mean No one" and "You have another thing coming" quotes. LOL....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back