• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Mech Unions Coming to an End.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the unions are gone, mechanics will be working on planes for $10/hr. Hopefully I won't be around to see it, but the writing is already on the wall: Carriers scaring the mechanics into voting yes for outsourcing, paycuts, and pensions down the drain. What's next?

Ive posted before. Im a recovering A&P and wear many hats.Learn more than one trade.I dont know what the atraction is to aviation but if you want to make more money then stay away.Get a CDL.Wrench on heavy trucks. Hell,a mechanic is a mechanic. If you can spin a wrench you can definitly make more money doing somthing else.But if aircraft is you thing, your making a vow of poverty.Been there ,done that.Oh ya,No feds or logs in the real world.Oh ya, I make more money than most pilots working on a friggin bus.Go figure.

You get flight bennies working on that bus?

No but I get to ride for free and flying is so cheap who gives a rats ass

Yeah, I used to think that sticking around for this lousy aircraft maintenance gig was worth it for the free flight benefits but...looking at the price of a ticket on Southwest and Jetblu.....who the hell needs free flight benefits?

Have to fly standby, never knowing if you're going to get on, have to abide by the companies bull5hit rules for dress code, possibility of getting bumped...ect.

For 100$ round trip to orlando, I'll pay...guarantee a seat, wear my stinking Iron Maiden t-shirt, and drink my beer.

This aviation maintenace crap isn't worth the time of day, except for people that have some die hard, "I JUST GOTTA FIX AN AIRPLANE", mentality.

My neighbor works for a Ford dealer, fixes beat up Rustangs all day, and makes more money than I do, and my responsibility is off the charts compared to him, my working conditions are alot worse, my allowable tolerance for error is next to zip, compareably.

I'm looking to get out of the airlines as soon as possible, and leave my 17 years experience in the dust.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back