Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Important Question, How to replace stolen goods?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jmmccutc

Go away Peg.
So let me first say taht FI.com has changed dramtically since the last time i visited the site. So much so that it actually took me several minutes to figure out how to make a thread...anyway, to everyone i haven't talked to in forever, hello! to everyone else, eh, what you don't know is a good thing, haha!

anyway, i just recently finished up UPT at NAS Corpus Christi. I was then in the middle of a PCS back home when all of my logbooks got stollen when my truck got busted into. Granted a bunch of other ******************** got stollen, and it really sucks but it's all material stuff that can be replaced. while the log book itself was of no great monetary value, it was irreplaceable. So my question to everyone is how do you move on from this, having about 1000's hours of your career stolen and no real good way to get it back, sucks! I wanted to start applying for a few jobs in the civilian sector being a AF reservist. But i have nothing to show except about 200 hours of Military time. What can i expect? If i were to apply and get called, would i get laughed out of an interview if i tell my story and show what records i do have? I just essentially feel like i have to start all over again. I should be able to recover some of the time like i mentioned and most, if not all of the time i instructed at a major university, but all the time i spent instructing on my own (about 300~350hrs), or at the local airport (100~150hrs, who had outstanding record keeping, notice the sarcasm) i feel is lost...

should i expect to be able to press on like nothing happened and seek employment, or should i expect to get a non-flying civilin job?

anyhow, what ever help and/or advice can be offered is appreciated...

everyone take care,

Jake

The "Lost/Stolen Logbook" question gets asked about every 3 to 6 months. I see you did not bother to conduct a search of this web site. Since the FAA guidance reference in the "old" posts has changed I will post the new reference. You can reconstruct using your last 8710 Airman Application and any other records you have of your flight time. In the old Order 8700 there was a good section of how to recreate a log book.

I am still looking for this in the "More Userfriendly", "updated", and "better" Order 8900. (Sarcasm intended).

If I can find it I will post the reference.

JAFI

FAA Order 8900.1 CHG 0
VOLUME 5 airman certification

Chapter 1 DIRECTION, GUIDANCE, AND PROCEDURES FOR title 14 CFR PARTS 121/135 AND GENERAL AVIATION

Section 3 Phases of Certification

5-52 COMPLETING FAA FORM 8710-1.

8) In section III of the application ....
However, all applicants are encouraged to complete section III because the application remains on file with the FAA and can be used to substantiate past aeronautical experience in the case of a lost logbook.

Last edited:
JAFI, thanks I planned on tracking down my last 8710, that's a place to start...

Considering NW Pilot just jumped from 1200 hours to two thousand hours, keeping logs isn't that necessary...it's all a matter of creativity.

Then again, probably not too many people out to steal all that creatively logged time, either.

Considering NW Pilot just jumped from 1200 hours to two thousand hours, keeping logs isn't that necessary...it's all a matter of creativity.

Then again, probably not too many people out to steal all that creatively logged time, either.

Whatever Avbug!!!

Latest resources

Back