• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

'Big deal' may be on way for US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear, you just can't get a break when it comes to these things, can ya? ;)

Don't worry, buddy. As far as SLI's go, arbitrators lately have protected people already ON the seniority list and people on furlough (if any) always go to the bottom of the list.

And yes, I'm thinking USAir/AA, too.

you've got to be kidding?? Surely EVERY pilot at LCC east would fight for nothing less than straight date of hire.....right guys? AA has some guys who have been on furlough almost 10 years.

you've got to be kidding?? Surely EVERY pilot at LCC east would fight for nothing less than straight date of hire.....right guys? AA has some guys who have been on furlough almost 10 years.

Not quite ten years, unless they deferred recall...

Rumor is Mesa is going to buy UsAirways. That means senior Mesa RJ captains would be able to bid A330 Capt.

Last edited:
Parker is desperate.

Said it before and I will say it again. Airways is the fat chick at the dance sitting in the corner. Noone is gonna ask her to the floor. Noone!

Move on...

Parker is desperate.

Said it before and I will say it again. Airways is the fat chick at the dance sitting in the corner. Noone is gonna ask her to the floor. Noone!

Move on...

Never underestimate the power of Tequila ..... Never. ;)

On a less serious note; I'm hoping for an AA and UsAir East combination.
I also enjoy watching low speed car accidents amongst the 'locals' in Atlanta.

Darwin was right.

Last edited:
AA would smack down the eastholes.

Don't forget how easily they could "shrink to profitability" with all the old AA/US Easties retiring in the next 7-8 years.

AA is a sinking ship. American was the only major carrier to lose money in 2010.also has the highest labor costs. Without question, American(AMR), Is the one airline expected to lose money for the year`s 2011 -2013.

Latest resources

Back